Captain
# 21
09-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
Risa flowers that were 1 mil are now 3.
Strictly supply and demand.
They are a per-character consumable item, and no new Risa Flower packs are entering the game anymore, and won't be for another whole year.
So expect them to only go even higher.
Rihannsu
# 22
09-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipclayberg View Post
Thank God I wasn't on STO back then, then. Yeesh!

"You can't take it with you" as the old saying went. I add: "You can't take what you've earned on STO offline." It isn't real. So what's the point of being greedy about it? Okay, a Ferengi would argue the point with me. But I believe all us players are human, not Ferengi.
If I have the choice between getting 127,000 dil for ?10, or 360,000 dil, I'm gonna favour the latter

I'm of the opinion that we who sell zen should try and drive the price back up. Sadly, people seem to prefer to get a little immediately and permanently decrease their profit...
# 23
09-22-2013, 02:24 AM
The only way to curb inflation is to tell people to grind more or stop playing the game.

LoR brought a ton of new characters and even some new players altogether. This dried up various markets. Its a simple fact that when all the cheap equipment is purchased all that is left is expensive. When listing something your going to list it for enough under the current market price to sell it unless your not looking for a profit. It will go lower if no one is buying at that price until sales are made. Unless a flood of that product comes the price won't go down much.

Only low level characters generate low level junk so that leaves a bit of a supply issue as people gain level. Most people would rather vendor trash than take the time to list something that probably wont sell.

If you want to bring prices down you have to do nothing but grind for drops on low level equipment on low level characters and list and or store as needed. Now who plays this game to grind crap for other people for no money? No one I know of lol.
Commander
# 24
09-22-2013, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamank View Post
While I will admit that I am a Merchant player that has hundreds of millions tied up at the moment, I must say the vast majority of what I have, I am holding and waiting for prices to RISE. It seems like quite a few things are actually below their average selling price, while a few select items are priced really high. Fleet Modules, Keys, certain Doffs, Lock Box ships for example.

You folks that whine about the grind need to learn how to the EC you have and make more of it. What most people grind in a week, I pull down in a few hours.

Work Smart, not hard. If you don't want to take the time to work smart then you are going to be forced to work hard. Don't cry about it.
If you happen to be the gentleman that bought all of the Photonic Science officers and tripled their prices can I please buy one for the last price they were going for? It was 15 mill. Email me in game.
Captain
# 25
09-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothervisitor View Post
Greed is everywhere. The current prices in the exchange make any deal a ripoff.
It takes me over a month of grinding non stop to make enough money to get one mkXII tac weapon console so I don't bother. The whole exchange is getting way overpriced.

We are all behaving like greedy Ferengi. Gene would be so proud.....
You're obviously buying Mk XII very rare weapon consoles. . .which are, fascinatingly enough, very rare. That, combined with the demand, makes these consoles very expensive.

If you can't scrounge the money fast enough, just work with MK XI blue/purple, or Mk XII blue (which will usually be considerably cheaper). It will work for both PvP and PvE.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp