Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,434
Now, I'd prefer to have a dev answer this to save a lot of trouble for a lot of people down the road, but if nobody knows, I will be going onto Tribble to find out for sure.

So, with the new tactical lockout timer things getting added, where if you fire like a Beam Overload, you are locked out of using ANY other copies of BO in a 5-second period, does this change affect console powers?

Examples:

If you use CRF, does it lock out say...the Disruptor Autocannon off the Bortas? Or if you use the Autocannon, does it lock out CRF?

Or if you use BO, does it lock out the Phaser Lance off the Gal-X? Or again, vice versa?

Or also, if you use the Armitage Mega-Torp Spread console, does it lock out normal TS? And again, vice versa?

(The three examples are ones I actually can test myself at least)

If anyone knows, that'd be great to find out, especially if a dev clarifies. But if not, I need to know that from folks so I know I should go and test things.


Last edited by mimey2; 09-21-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 2
09-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Just on tribble atm. Can't test the armitage or bortas but I do have the galaxy-x.

When you hit BO it puts the lance on a 15s global but after the 15s global is up you can fire BO and the lance consecutively like a double tap.

We could potentially see this as a new way to double tap but really I can't imagine it will be a huge problem with a 3min cooldown on the lance. You may have to do the armitage and Bort yourself as I have no characters with them.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,434
# 3
09-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Just on tribble atm. Can't test the armitage or bortas but I do have the galaxy-x.

When you hit BO it puts the lance on a 15s global but after the 15s global is up you can fire BO and the lance consecutively like a double tap.

We could potentially see this as a new way to double tap but really I can't imagine it will be a huge problem with a 3min cooldown on the lance. You may have to do the armitage and Bort yourself as I have no characters with them.
Was that shared CD there before on Holodeck? I cannot remember atm. If so, then nothing is changed it seems. But if not, which I can understand why if they put it there.

Alright, you are right though, it's limited by the fact that it is a 3 minute CD.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 749
# 4
09-21-2013, 06:31 PM
The way it works is like this:

Activate BO, wait 15 seconds, Activate another BO, fire both.

New changes add a 5 second Cool-down on firing another BO or FAW.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,434
# 5
09-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
The way it works is like this:

Activate BO, wait 15 seconds, Activate another BO, fire both.

New changes add a 5 second Cool-down on firing another BO or FAW.
I know how that works. What I am looking at is whether or not this new lock out period affects various console powers like Galaxy Dread. Phaser Lance, the Bortas Autocannon, that kinda stuff.

Also Bpharma, I don't own a Vesta, so if you wanna try using the Quantum Phaser and tell me what happens, that'd be really nice to know.

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 6
09-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Alright I'll have a look at the quantum lazer but as far as I know it doesn't share anything with tactical abilities as it's all aux affected. I think the lance global with BO thing was always there. You'd have to get someone to look on holodeck though as I don't own it on holo. (I know weird right?)
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,434
# 7
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Alright I'll have a look at the quantum lazer but as far as I know it doesn't share anything with tactical abilities as it's all aux affected. I think the lance global with BO thing was always there. You'd have to get someone to look on holodeck though as I don't own it on holo. (I know weird right?)
Thanks, Bpharma. Still, it's good to find out.

And I think you are right, it feels like it has been that way, like I heard about it elsewhere in-game or on the forum.

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,678
# 8
09-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Cryptic needs to vet some of these potential hires more carefully.

I haven't seen one change this year that has been implemented that has improved this game.

All I see is they screwed up carriers, threw up on every console making them unidentifiable, and now it looks like my weapons go offline every time I activate a tactical power. I know they aren't actually going offline but the way that its been more comfortable to tell when for say your weapons are disabled is seeing it greyed out.

I just think they need a tighter leash on things being done because its just making a bad situation worse and its not only the KDF they are ruining its game wide. There seems to be a general consensus that none of these changes were needed, warranted, or even useful.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 09-29-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 PM.