Lieutenant
# 1821
09-22-2013, 08:52 AM
A newb is different from a leech a leech just sits there as a newb gets playing that's the difference so why kick a newb if there playing,this clearly is you mixing the two to stop common sense producing fair play and better play

Last edited by magoo200; 09-22-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Captain
# 1822
09-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo200 View Post
Look it is clearly evident when someone is not taking part in STF'S all the players can see that,surly the game will detect whether a player is active or not and if so no boot cannot be activated so HOW can it be ABUSED? drrrrr!
There is no system in place to detect active players.... there's no system in place that can tell what active player means, there's not been a completely reliable system posed which can define what active means.... so if your system relies on that, it's not going to be any better. As one issue that has arrised with defining active could potentially be thwared with scripts leechers many time run, chances are a syste whic hrelies on it would have little impact.
Captain
# 1823
09-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
A newb is different from a leech a leech just sits there as a newb gets playing that's the difference so why kick a newb if there playing,this clearly is you mixing the two to stop common sense producing fair play and better play
Why kick a newb if they are playing? You're asking the wrong person... I personally see no reason to kick them... the packs of elitist thugs who will rail on newbs on every small error they make are the ones you would need to ask.
Lieutenant
# 1824
09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
You tar all with same the brush i have helped newbs before and will do again! if someone is taking part and surely fighting why would anybody just kick that person from the STF?
This abuse thing you shout from the roof tops is a bias and partial attitude!
Lieutenant
# 1825
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM
You say packs or hords of elitist is frankly a over statement many STF'S i have played and i have never seen much of this you say but lots of leeches
Lieutenant
# 1826
09-22-2013, 09:22 AM
And Cgta1967 this thread is in STO general discussions which by the way we are doing!
Captain
# 1827
09-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
You tar all with same the brush i have helped newbs before and will do again! if someone is taking part and surely fighting why would anybody just kick that person from the STF?
I don't tar everyone with the same brush, there are different people on here some leech, some newbs, some elitists some thugs.... that being said, I'm not about to support a system to get rid of one that can be used to abuse another. IF there is any solution for this is must be surgical..... and I've yet to see a solution for it that is.
Captain
# 1828
09-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
You say packs or hords of elitist is frankly a over statement many STF'S i have played and i have never seen much of this you say but lots of leeches
I play between 6-10 (e)stf's per day usually...... amongst those I may see two or three leechers a week.
Captain
# 1829
09-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Sorry, but you are the only one in this thread not only arguing your point, but refusing any attempts to understand what others are trying to tell you. In addition, you are insulting other players for taking an opposing position to yours, so don't count yourself out of the "bias and partial attitude" crowd.

What they are saying is this: Yes there is a difference between leechers and newbs, but if other players in the STF are impatient with the newb for accidentally screwing up an op, not understanding what he's supposed to be doing, etc, they can simply vote kick him off the team, unfairly cutting him off from any reward/benefit. Now, that might not be YOU, no one is saying it is, but it can and will happen if a vote-kick system is implemented.

Furthermore, as another poster pointed out, this is an exhaustively discussed topic that does not deserve its own thread. There is a massive 178-page thread on leechers you may want to consult, because the problem, and the flawed solutions, are all old news by now. You have brought absolutely nothing new or noteworthy to this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by illyrian2008 View Post
i don't know why people are so down on obesity but i guess that's the feeder fetishist in me talking lol
Career Officer
# 1830
09-22-2013, 09:28 AM
One would think that after "Six Months" of asking and being Completely Ignored by Cryptic, one would get the hint...

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Closed Thread