Rihannsu
# 101
09-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanderita View Post
THANKS for this thread...
You're welcome.

I was a fool though. I should have put the thread in General Discussion. I might have had a chance for a Dev to look at it. The Art of STO sub-forum is a Dev Ghost Town.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
# 102
09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
its certainly thorough. great work.
maybe ask them to move it? i thought it was here so people could embed screenshots like in the desktop thread.

HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Career Officer
# 103
09-19-2013, 08:01 AM
A small problem I don't see in the Patrician's OP: Orion females (at least, possibly other races) can't use the TOS Klingon belt. They also can't combine bare legs with boot feet, something else NPCs taunt us with.
Rihannsu
# 104
09-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
its certainly thorough. great work...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
...i thought it was here so people could embed screenshots like in the desktop thread.
This is in the Feedback>Art of STO subforum, which has the description:

Do you have feedback about a uniform? Perhaps a ship's hull plating? Or you noticed a Vulcan design on a Romulan building? Share your feedback here!

So this seemed to be the right place for feedback about uniforms. And it should be.

As far as embedding pictures in a thread like this is it becomes too difficult to read... especially when people quote/repost the same pix multiple times. It stretches the thread out too much and then no one will read it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
A small problem I don't see in the Patrician's OP: Orion females (at least, possibly other races) can't use the TOS Klingon belt. They also can't combine bare legs with boot feet, something else NPCs taunt us with.
You're right about the missing TOS Klingon Belt. I didn't consider it to being with and now I'm not sure if that's a WAI or bug. But I did list under suggestions that the: KDF needs more/additional clothing/hair/color options... and one of the given top examples is: Orion Bikini's with Boots.

I could start a whole separate thread dedicated to suggesting more KDF Tailor options. There have already been many over the years (some very good ones, in fact). But I don't feel like running that at this point. So until I do, a brief request will have to suffice. Should another decent thread become active, I might link to that one.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Career Officer
# 105
09-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Honestly, I think the missing KDF costume options have been discussed to death by players on this forum. The only way for the developers to not know about them at this point is if they don't read the forum, and we know that isn't true.

So either they're on a list of bugs to be fixed, and no one wants to give us a timeframe (understandable as they'd be low-priority fixes and schedules change), or they're simply not going to be fixed and no one wants to say so. I wouldn't want to deal with upset forum people, either.

I mentioned the Orion belt thing because Orions have a TOS costume preset option, but it uses the more modern belt style, making the absence of the correct belt pretty glaring.

Edit: Also, I was wrong. It appears all KDF female races (not just Orions) are missing the actual TOS belt.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 09-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post

Is your character an "extreme body shape" (like super tiny)?
She's not very tall, that's right. Her base height is 4'6", but she has quite long legs (about 4 parts of the leg slider).
(I've seen way shorter aliens, even right now, as I checked, I almost stumbled over one being so short, that it was only as long as the legs of my char - in her short form. Still wonder how they did that - can't get my char that tiny...)

I'll check it out if this also occurs in her tall form. Which comes with a base height of 7'...

Well, it's the same, there.

I have different costume slots for the two heights - made them mainly because there are some consoles she'd have to jump upon to use them...

Last edited by chrisolliec; 09-19-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Adding more info after checking ingame.
Career Officer
# 107
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention, and I'm not even sure this goes here....but recently I've had two Romulan Bridge Officers have only KDF uniforms options, and I'm a Fed aligned Romulan. If you require pics -I'll have to come back to this...so if you are curious feel free to try....
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Rihannsu
# 108
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Honestly, I think the missing KDF costume options have been discussed to death by players on this forum. The only way for the developers to not know about them at this point is if they don't read the forum, and we know that isn't true.
Well said.

Quote:
It appears all KDF female races (not just Orions) are missing the actual TOS belt.
Ah, see that seems like a bug to me... I'll add it to the OP. Did you by chance report it in game to get a ticket number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
She's not very tall, that's right. ...I'll check it out if this also occurs in her tall form. Which comes with a base height of 7'...Well, it's the same, there...
I'll add it to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpyecho View Post
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention, and I'm not even sure this goes here....but recently I've had two Romulan Bridge Officers have only KDF uniforms options, and I'm a Fed aligned Romulan. If you require pics -I'll have to come back to this...so if you are curious feel free to try....
Why wouldn't anyone be paying attention? It's been like two days since the last reply and it's linked in my signature!

As for if your complaint goes here? It's as good a place as any, though it's not an official thread, nor can I say if any Devs have/will visit, nor promise that any of the listed bugs will get fixed.

Do I require pix? JPGs are worth 1,000 TXTs as they say. lol Yeah, screenshots often help when dealing with visual issues. I would first gather info/details: What race/gender are your BOs, which uniform options do they have/don't have, etc. Take pix of the tailor with those options/missing options visible. Post them online, along with the other details and open a bug ticket in the game, get the ticket number.

For posting the pix online, I like imgur, myself, but please don't post the pictures directly in this thread, post links only.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 09-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 109
09-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
It appears all KDF female races (not just Orions) are missing the actual TOS belt.
Quote:
Ah, see that seems like a bug to me... I'll add it to the OP. Did you by chance report it in game to get a ticket number?

I'll add it to the OP.
Confirmed and reported. Holodeck Bug Report# #2,006,744.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Career Officer
# 110
09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
I should have put the thread in General Discussion. I might have had a chance for a Dev to look at it. The Art of STO sub-forum is a Dev Ghost Town.
The thread probably would have been moved here anyways.

Tacofangs visits the art forum, but he's not a character artist. To my knowledge, there are no character artists who frequent the forums (or at least who posts here). Branflakes should be compiling feedback from this forum and passing it on to the relevant parties.