Lieutenant
# 4421
09-23-2013, 04:52 PM
This Saturday UFPAC

UFPAC stands for UFP Award Ceremony - where members who have contributed to our community get a reward for their efforts. Certainly something to watch, very entertaining. Lots of Banter between the hosts. Which is usually frowned upon, but is very funny. I think anyone interested in joining the community should go to UFPAC just to see the community at its best.
Career Officer
# 4422
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Or head to our YouTube page and watch past UFPAC's and then join join the live one on Saturday
Survivor of Romulus
# 4423
09-24-2013, 08:04 AM
The UFP saved me from a dead fleet well over a year ago now, since then I've made several good friends and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The fact we also play other Trek games such as Bridge commander, Elite Force and Starfleet Command III is just an awesome bonus .
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Lt. Commander
# 4424
09-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Looks like you guys are certainly having fun!

Not a week into the game here, and thinking that, as a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), it would probably benefit me to find a nice Fleet to join...and while I've been following the game since Beta, I still feel like a rank-newbie...and so very small(literally) when I see those big ships flying around.... O_o;

Is it too soon to actually consider joining a fleet? As much as I'd love to help out, I dunno if I'm experienced enough, yet....
Boot to the Head!

...and one for Jenny and the wimp....
Career Officer
# 4425
09-24-2013, 08:40 AM
It's never too early to consider joining a fleet. I had the game about 3 days before I started looking for a fleet and was in one by day 5. Assuming you find a good fleet, they won't mind helping you out, explaining the game to you, giving you tips on ship loadouts, character builds etc.

Most fleets welcome new players and veterans alike so I would say start looking and go for it.
Career Officer
# 4426
09-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capemike4 View Post
Looks like you guys are certainly having fun!

Not a week into the game here, and thinking that, as a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), it would probably benefit me to find a nice Fleet to join...and while I've been following the game since Beta, I still feel like a rank-newbie...and so very small(literally) when I see those big ships flying around.... O_o;

Is it too soon to actually consider joining a fleet? As much as I'd love to help out, I dunno if I'm experienced enough, yet....
You certainly don't need to join a fleet to be able to enjoy the game however there are a few key benefits of joining a fleet. Putting the social interaction and simple fact that the game is just more fun when you play it with others, Cryptic have made it so that to get the most out of the game you do really need to be in a fleet as it is only by being in a fleet that you have access to the best ships and equipment.

In terms of whether you are too inexperienced to join a fleet everyone has to start somewhere, there is plenty to learn in STO and as with anything it takes time to build up that knowledge, being in a fleet means you will be surrounded by others that have gone through and are going through the exact same learning process as you are so you don't have to worry about gaps in your knowledge as you will fill these in over time.
Rihannsu
# 4427
09-25-2013, 12:30 AM
capemike4,

MMOs are always more fun with others, and I guarantee you will not find a more fun group elsewhere. I do hope you decide to join us!

As for you, yes you lurker who is reading this post and trying to decide if this is the right fleet; let me just tell you "yes"! We are actively recruiting STO players of all verities. It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or a vet, as a member of one of the most longstanding and respected Star Trek gaming communities out there right now, you will be a valued addition!

See the link in my signature for more information!
Lieutenant
# 4428
09-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Capemike I can only agree with Chris and Cehus on this one. We are not a fleet just for the "very best", the red squad. We also look for amatuer players who want to have fun, and provide our community with their personalities.etc. I for example am certainly not a "pro player". I joined UFP whilst I was still in the Commander tier. Yet I have progressed with the benefit of others; their advice and expierence has nurtured me to become a better player. Though I still blow up quickly in PvP

I think if you joined UFP now, over at www.ufplanets.com, you would not be regretting it.

(P.S. Look how great our new ucas website is... Kudos to the Engineers over that once again)
Lt. Commander
# 4429
09-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Have to admit, I -do- love the look of that website...have to keep reminding myself I can't just reach out and touch it....

Anyway, I'm still considering all my options, and I'll stay in touch here, too, if I need to!
Boot to the Head!

...and one for Jenny and the wimp....
Career Officer
# 4430
09-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capemike4 View Post
Have to admit, I -do- love the look of that website...have to keep reminding myself I can't just reach out and touch it....

Anyway, I'm still considering all my options, and I'll stay in touch here, too, if I need to!
With touchscreen you can

As for your options it is best not to rush things, you have a decision to make and you need to make sure it is the right decision for you which is completely understandable.