# 421
09-08-2013, 02:18 PM
please respond!!!!!
Ensign
# 422
09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technocube0 View Post
I am using wineskin and this unofficial mac version. I am able to launch the launcher, I am able to log in, it is able to patch, but when I click "engage" the window either disappears and nothing happens or it freezes and nothing happens, pleas advise! I also checked the specifications, they are all compatible. HELP!!!!!!!!
I need help here!!!!
please help me!!!!
Career Officer
# 423
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technocube0 View Post
I need help here!!!!
please help me!!!!
may need more info...

Anytime its patched, or sometimes when it crashes out of the game strangely, after you hit Engage it may take a long time to load. WHen I say a long time, i mean a really long time, like 10 or 15 minutes... where it will look frozen. If you have exited cleanly or has not had a new patch, it should go through much quicker.

Other than that, you haven't given enough info to go on... need to know stuff about your machine, and if any errors show up in your Console.app errors. You could also try running from inside Wineskin.app Advanced using the Test Run button, so that log files are made that may point to the issues.
Lieutenant
# 424
09-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I recently upgraded to a Radeon 7950 Mac Edition, and it's caused an interesting problem with STO, but only in the mac wineskin package.

The particles generated by engine trails go absolutely crazy with flickering brightly-colored polygons taking up half the screen. I haven't been able to take a screenshot of them because I have bad timing or something, but I hope to record some later today.
Career Officer
# 425
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celillarnon View Post
I recently upgraded to a Radeon 7950 Mac Edition, and it's caused an interesting problem with STO, but only in the mac wineskin package.

The particles generated by engine trails go absolutely crazy with flickering brightly-colored polygons taking up half the screen. I haven't been able to take a screenshot of them because I have bad timing or something, but I hope to record some later today.
just keep trying different in-game graphics settings... like Bloom and such and see if you can get it to go away.
Career Officer
# 426
09-18-2013, 04:11 AM
I've currently installed the app and for some reason on my 2012 Macbook Air get stuck at the loading screen (the Legacy of Romulus one). So that's one step closer to the character selection screen...

MBA specs:
i7 2 Ghz
8 GB of ram
256 GB of Flash storage
Mac OSX 10.8.5
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Career Officer
# 427
09-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
I've currently installed the app and for some reason on my 2012 Macbook Air get stuck at the loading screen (the Legacy of Romulus one). So that's one step closer to the character selection screen...

MBA specs:
i7 2 Ghz
8 GB of ram
256 GB of Flash storage
Mac OSX 10.8.5
Intel HD Graphics 4000
anytime its patched... let it set at that screen a long time. depending on computer and network speed, it could take 10 to 15 minutes to get past that screen. Theres really nothing I can do to fix that issue, its and underlying problem between what Wine wants to do, and some libraries OSX uses... if there is no patch, it should load in much quicker, so you don't have to wait like that every time.
Lt. Commander
Hello All,

Has anyone else been trying STO Unofficial Mac Version 1.6.0 with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)?

I have been using the latest developer preview with STO for the last couple of weeks and performance and compatibility seem fine most of the time.

The only issue i've noticed is after an hour to two hours gameplay things start to stutter and lag behind every 20 seconds or so. This happens a little less frequently on the integrated graphics. Exiting STO and relaunching usually fixes this...if not a restart is required.

I'm running an early 2011 Macbook Pro 15 (2Ghz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 - 512MB, AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB)
Lt. Commander
# 429
09-24-2013, 09:51 AM
I also wanted to ask doh if you plan on releasing a new Unofficial STO for Mac 1.7.0 with all your recent Wine updates?
Ensign
# 430
09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm having a hard time making it work when it used to work in the past.
Haven't played for a couple of months and I tried to run the game yesterday. It just wouldn't start! So I opened the wineskin and did a test run. It worked! ???

Tried running the icon again... No! Test run again... works! what is this? what does test run do that double clicking the icon doesnt?