09-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Rail thin skirt thighs fixed on tribble
Captain
# 12
09-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
Rail thin skirt thighs fixed on tribble

They are not, and they also broken the hole body of females, look at this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmie1 View Post
I put together a couple characters side by side views current Vs New Tribble characters.
The heads are too small the bodies are scrunched up and the legs have thunder thighs with little tiny ankle and calf.

these are 2 of my character with holodeck and tribble comparisons

http://i.imgur.com/2C4ziM0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y4uyQIK.jpg

I hope these changes don't make it to holodeck. It would take way to long to fix my 23 toons I would probably just stop playing and cancel my gold membership

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Republic Veteran
# 13
09-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
They are not, and they also broken the hole body of females, look at this quote:

The left picture is holodeck and right is tribble. See the thin thighs and massive calves on the left. Now look at the correctly proportioned thighs and calves on the right. Before, no matter what adjustments you made you couldn't make it look like the picture on the right.

It's fixed, although this initial versions make your toons head tiny and you have to adjust to the maximum for correct proportions. You can now make adjustments to correct unlike before.

They'll probably make corrections till the final version that goes to holodeck.
Captain
# 14
09-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Let's just be honest here, despite the fact there are women working at cryptic, and i'm sure some of the men are married to women as well, Cryptic as a whole, just hasn't really been able to do female bodies all that well or realistically. Granted i've seen some people use the sliders to make them better than the base models, but the chests, have always been awkward especially with the way the shirts look molded on, over in Champions there is this weird neck thing happening sometimes, The legs have always been to skinny (i've always set them to max, pretty much since launch), The newer romulan hair styles looked nicer than the current stuff but all had glaring bald spots, and let's not forget the worst one (IMO) where the skins end terribly at the neck. That last one irks me to no end, but i think that it's just the trill, caitian, and gorn that are full body but even the hands have never been altered by them. It just looks so terrible, especially with all the newer costume pieces that are more open or short sleeved.

Over all, it's just ridiculous how bad some of these things are or have become. Personally, if i were the guy in charge, i would put the art team on a quality pass to go through and fix the character models, which is something they SHOULD have done when they "completely remade" the Character creator into 2.0 as they called it, when really it was just a new look for the UI. I suppose though with how cryptic does things, compared to how they advertise things, the standards clearly aren't too high in the QA department.

TL;DR: They should go back and fix/update/improve the character models and creator.
Captain
# 15
09-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
It's fixed, although this initial versions make your toons head tiny and you have to adjust to the maximum for correct proportions. You can now make adjustments to correct unlike before.
If you call a fix a complete destruction of the current character we have, then yes.. is a fix.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Republic Veteran
# 16
09-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
If you call a fix a complete destruction of the current character we have, then yes.. is a fix.
Yeah, my holodeck character on the left is completely destroyed on my tribble characteron the right.

Relax it's fixed, but they're not done yet.
Captain
# 17
09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Relax it's fixed, but they're not done yet.
Lol.. sure, is fixed..

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Republic Veteran
# 18
09-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Lol.. sure, is fixed..
You are right my character is completely destroyed on tribble.

You just want to complain right.

Here we have Cryptic actually listening and fixes things and people still complain.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Cryptic, only for a little bit though.
Captain
# 19
09-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
You are right my character is completely destroyed on tribble.

You just want to complain right.

Here we have Cryptic actually listening and fixes things and people still complain.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Cryptic, only for a little bit though.
The complaints are to let Cryptic know that their fix has introduced new bugs. Maybe, it looks OK for your character. But take a look at the pictures people have posted in this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=859301&page=3

In particular, the thighs look too wide in these two pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/e2msRnW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/apA73fs.jpg

The images you posted only show one character from the back. Try different angles, particularly from the sides. Try adjusting the slider for leg bulk. Try looking at other characters or boffs.

It seems that the scaling has changed on almost all the body proportions. It's not just that the head is smaller. The neck is thinner, the shoulders are wider, the arms are thinner, the torso is shorter and wider, and the hips are wider. If this change goes live as is, then players will have to manually readjust the proportions on all their female characters and boffs. And it's not just player characters and boffs that are affected: the proportions of female NPCs have changed too.

Also, note that there were actually two distinct complaints about female legs:

1. The calves on tight pants are too thin.
2. The thighs on non-TOS skirts are too thin.

I think in the previous discussions about female legs being too thin, the distinction between the above two complaints was not made explicit. Because there are actually two groups of players complaining about different things, the change may satisfy one group, but not the other.

Last edited by frtoaster; 10-01-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 20
09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
If you look at these 2 pictures you'll see that the artist used the too thin calves on the pants complaint version on the skirts.

What I mentioned in the tribble feedback was that this fixes the skirt problem but he/she/artist needs to reduce the sides of the thighs. Possibly 1/3 to 1/2 the current thigh depth/side. The current leg bulk slider ranges on tribble is perfect but the sides of the thighs needs to be reduced.

Reducing the depth/sides on the thighs could also fix the too thin calves on the tight pants.