Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Risians are Lazy
09-19-2013, 09:18 PM
They're part of the Federation. They have been for a while. We even named a Galaxy-class ship after their planet. We have a summer event for their planet, they have art assets. They're right next door to the Gamma Orionis transwarp gate. We even have one of their corvettes as a playable ship.

But we don't have playable Risians. We don't have Risian boffs. We don't have Risian doffs.

Is this one of those misconceptions that Risians are nothing but hedonists and eye candy, and therefore have no purpose to be a part of Starfleet? That having Risian doffs will only make sense of they're Entertainers, Diplomats, Traders, etc.?

Because I'm challenging that assertation. Risians can come from many walks of life, and I really don't see anything that says they can't serve in Starfleet honorably, fighting for the beliefs of the Federation, and the beliefs of their homeworld.

We need Risian doffs who are Congenial, Emotional, Tactful, and have Teamwork traits. We don't even need to go the Seductive route if we don't have to. I'm sure there are plenty of diverse Risians who are not.

I also challenge Cryptic to introduce Risian bridge officers and playable captains to us. Give the Risians their chance to serve with us. For all we have done for their planet, let's give them the chance to do something for us.

The closed-minded arguments I heard from Mr. Tuffli and other players that they are 'too much' like Deltans or Orions is directly counter to what the Federation is about, and directly counter to what Starfleet believes in.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Commander
# 2
09-19-2013, 10:11 PM
u know i been pondering that for a long while u know like howcome where is no risian playable toons or boffs or doffs. well someone wanna tell us why there isn't not like it well kill anything canon since we have breen and jem boffs and doffs lol.
Captain
# 3
09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
How do you know you don't have Risans?

Take a look at numerous planetary populations , both in-game and on the shows - 'Human' doesn't mean 'Earthling'. Risans are human, the people of Amerind are human, Coridans are human, Fabrini are human, Magna Romans are human, Sigma Iotians are human, Turkanans are human.

One's race doesn't specify one's planet of origin, so a human captain, bridge officer or even Duty Officer could very well be from another planet with a human population such as Risa.
Career Officer
# 4
09-20-2013, 09:51 AM
The Risians are pacifists, as seen in that DS9 episode...

Joining Starfleet just dosen't seem like their style.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Rihannsu
# 5
09-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
How do you know you don't have Risans?

Take a look at numerous planetary populations , both in-game and on the shows - 'Human' doesn't mean 'Earthling'. Risans are human, the people of Amerind are human, Coridans are human, Fabrini are human, Magna Romans are human, Sigma Iotians are human, Turkanans are human.

One's race doesn't specify one's planet of origin, so a human captain, bridge officer or even Duty Officer could very well be from another planet with a human population such as Risa.
Risians aren't any more human than the Angel 1 Natives.

Lots of races in the TV shows LOOK human, primarily for budget reasons, but aren't actually the same species.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Vulcans and Aenar are pacifists and they have no issue joining Starfleet.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Risians are one of many species they can go....

"take your average human" "slap on "symbol" forehead attachment" .. done... new species XD
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Right! Because Starfleet (say it with me now...) is not a military organization!!

"Whatever you say Admiral."

"I'm glad you understand Captain/Commander/Lieutenant/Ensign. After all, if we were a military organization, we'd have military sounding ranks for our hierarchies of command authority, now wouldn't we?"

"Absolutely, Admiral!"
/em Salute
Captain
# 9
09-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
Right! Because Starfleet (say it with me now...) is not a military organization!!

"Whatever you say Admiral."

"I'm glad you understand Captain/Commander/Lieutenant/Ensign. After all, if we were a military organization, we'd have military sounding ranks for our hierarchies of command authority, now wouldn't we?"

"Absolutely, Admiral!"
/em Salute
Civilian ships often use the same rank system as a navy and starfleet is also a military in a defensive roll as well as the non military roll it fills.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.