Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
# 11
09-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Congrats all.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 12
09-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoncaptrix View Post
Everyone but eradicator84 forgot they were supposed to be making desktop wallpaper for other people to use.

It's such a shame these won despite all the good images that were submitted.

Congrats to eradicator84, the only artist who won.
You are kinda like the Kanye West of STO awards, right?
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
09-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhellsting View Post
Aww didn't even make runner up wonder if I was disqualified because I used Photoshop to enlarge the picture I didn't alter it other than that though.
Nah, the winner's are just arbitrarily chosen. I don't think there were much of any criteria used beyond the picture size.

I can get behind the winning shot, because it really is kinda cool. Congrats.
Would have thought mine was good enough for a runner up position, but of course I am biased as anyone who entered the contest.
Career Officer
# 14
09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Oh awesome, runner up, made my day!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 15
09-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoncaptrix View Post
Everyone but eradicator84 forgot they were supposed to be making desktop wallpaper for other people to use.

It's such a shame these won despite all the good images that were submitted.

Congrats to eradicator84, the only artist who won.
In your opinion, in my opinion all these make great wallpapers.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Commander
# 16
09-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Nah, the winner's are just arbitrarily chosen. I don't think there were much of any criteria used beyond the picture size.

I can get behind the winning shot, because it really is kinda cool. Congrats.
Would have thought mine was good enough for a runner up position, but of course I am biased as anyone who entered the contest.
Well art is in the eye of the beholder I guess but...I still find it hard to believe I didn't make it to the finalists given the exceptional imagery of my shot unless it was on account to some technicallity.
Captain
# 17
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

river87

Caption: pfft... I had time to stop an invasion and get a manicure. Next, we are going to kill the Borg Queen and pick up some whales. I have a dinner date at five, so I have to make this quick.

Nice job everyone.

Last edited by linyive; 09-25-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Captain
# 18
09-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Seriously!? Myself and other better entries lost 1st and podium spots to a Demorecording cheater and a shameless self portrait? C'MON MAN

#SoreLoser
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Ensign
# 19
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Caption: pfft... I had time to stop an invasion and get a manicure. Next, we are going to kill the Borg Queen and pick up some whales. I have a dinner date at five, so I have to make this quick.
ROFL!!!

Congratulations to the winner, it's a really good picture
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the kind comments, it was pretty shocking to me that my image won when I read it @_@

There were a bunch of other images I thought would have done just as well, but I have to admit I'm glad to see mine win after all the hours spent trying to find a good position in real time with my two friends, who I also thank for helping me out and putting up with me for a good portion of a day (and night, and early morning...>_>) flying around in a bunch of Connies, heh.

As I mentioned in the "New Wallpaper Available" topic, I thank those at Cryptic/PWE for the game, for letting me play with gorgeous ships like the Connie (tier 5, please? >_>), and for having this contest! Would love to see this happen more to see what comes out of it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Seriously!? Myself and other better entries lost 1st and podium spots to a Demorecording cheater and a shameless self portrait? C'MON MAN

#SoreLoser
Demorecord is part of the game, no editting happened beyond moving the camera around, and was happy to find the /renderscale command worked since I'm a slightly smaller resolution at 1920x1080. I did mention in the submission topic how and what I did, and used no outside programs or tools to edit the image.

Demorecord's really the only way to get the kind of dynamic camera angles for shots like this when you're trying to get more than one subject in an image. I could have stuck with the camera focused on myself, the Exeter, but then I'd have had to have zoomed out to get everyone in it, and the shot would be too enlarged covering empty space on the right, top, and bottom of the image uselessly.

Your image, doubleohnine, was one of the ones I personally enjoyed, I do wish they'd fix the camera zoom back to how it was >_< I like how you got it timed with the navigational lights flashing on the hull, I try to do the same with my pics which is how I end up with a screenshot folder packed full of the same image trying to get it timed right >_O