Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Elachi 3set on a D'D tank
09-25-2013, 07:45 PM
would the 3 set def bonus on a fleet D'Deridex be worth having. I know it's kinda limited in active versatility, need to pick something and stick with it, but those consoles. are 2 of them weps or is it only 1
Captain
# 2
09-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
would the 3 set def bonus on a fleet D'Deridex be worth having. I know it's kinda limited in active versatility, need to pick something and stick with it, but those consoles. are 2 of them weps or is it only 1
I'd say the D'dridthau's "Molecular Phase Inversion Field" console is the best choice, since it only requires one of your console slots.

Here's a build I use for my fleet D'Deridex. Modify as necessary to make it a tank instead of a healer.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...healerv05_2994

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Elachi 3 set is a Console, Torpedo & Single Heavy Cannon.

2 Weapons one Console.

Not sure how good it is but.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
09-26-2013, 12:38 AM
I've played with the 3-set a bit. It's alright, quite pretty having the orbs around you. Though unless they proc when you get hit by a tac cube or gate's torpedo that crits, don't expect to see very high damage being returned.

That being said, the extra disruptor damage, crtD, and hull/shield benefits are fairly good tbh.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't really use the 3-piece on anything but one of the two Elachi ships, since you're looking at half the maximum number of Haywire stacks AND half the proc rate on other ships. Taking the cannon & console for the 2-piece disrupter + shield bonus is pretty good though.
Captain
# 6
09-26-2013, 10:57 AM
The Lobi Elachi console is very impressive even on it's own, with hull HP boost, extra Critical Severity, and Subsystem Disable time (if you have use for such).

If you're running Disruptors on a forward heavy weapons loadout and preferably cannon BOff skills, the Heavy Cannon is nice. Not an epic weapon but at least on par with a DHC, IMO, but with a larger arc.

Two-piece is OK. +7.6% Disruptor damage is low compared to other sets that give an energy type boost, but more damage is more damage and you have a lot of proc options with that base type. The Starship Shields Systems boost only came out to about 400 extra Shield HP per facing on the 1.2 Shield Mod ship (Kar'fi) I have it mounted to with Elite Fleet Resilient Shields, but, again, more is more.

Not tried the torp yet (I might pool Lobi on Redshirt and give it a whirl), so I can't comment on it directly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-26-2013, 11:02 AM
well i'm planing to focus on threat and self survivability with FAW + broadside attacking