Captain
# 1 Mirror Vo'Quv Carrier Options?
09-26-2013, 07:42 AM
I got one a good while back from a lock box. Hadn't unboxed it yet. In hopes the Exchange would get up in prices. I checked this morning and saw the prices are still not really great.

So I'm thinking of keeping it and adding it to my fleet. Since I'm enjoying using a Carrier. Does it have color options? Or can you interchange parts with its other variant the VoD'leh?
Captain
# 2
09-26-2013, 08:20 AM
It's got all the parts of the Prime version, has a special Mirror Skin and applies the MIrror Skin to your appropriate pets, and additionally, is far superior in boff layout.
Captain
# 3
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
It's got all the parts of the Prime version, has a special Mirror Skin and applies the MIrror Skin to your appropriate pets, and additionally, is far superior in boff layout.
Thanks, I wasn't sure as I never had a "mirror" ship. At first I thought I could make some easy $ off it. And it could go towards a JHDC off the exchange. After I saw the market and the Vo'Quv are bringing cheap prices. I reconsider and plan on using it. Since I already have it.
Captain
# 4
09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
got one, its squishy.

if it had com+ltcom sci
lt eng
ltcom tac

i might use it since i could run ph1x2, he2x2, tss3x2 to keep it alive.
as it is. meh.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 5
09-26-2013, 09:58 AM
What is the captain profession? I have one on my tac and fly it like a battleship. One day I'll probably replace it with a Bortasqu.
Captain
# 6
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
What is the captain profession? I have one on my tac and fly it like a battleship. One day I'll probably replace it with a Bortasqu.
Engineer. I did a beam boat on the free Marauder. So far its holding up very well. I go head long into the target. Vent some plasma gas. Then just go around in circles while the fighters wear him out. While I focus 4 beam arrays on him. At times I turn to get some torpedo shots.
Career Officer
# 7
09-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
got one, its squishy.

if it had com+ltcom sci
lt eng
ltcom tac

as it is. meh.
"Squishy"? You know how I know you're doing it wrong?
Captain
# 8
09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
"Squishy"? You know how I know you're doing it wrong?
you got a build thats not squishy, share it.
only one was able to use and kill anything effectively with was an aux2bat build, at which point even a galaxy is better because you kill the hangars.

only ship i have on my toons as squishy as a vo is a ha'feh, and it can get out of the way of trouble.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 9
09-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Mirror Vo'quv I found handled almost like a Fed cruiser with carrier pets and a Cmdr Sci. EPTS and EPTW with some damage control officers, Aux2Struc2 or ET3, Extends1, and slot left for RSP1, and you're every bit as tanky as full cruiser but with the benefit of your BoP pets pulling some of the aggro away. Still has room for the TT1/FAW2/APB2 tac setup for beam spamming and buffing pet damage, plus some high-level science slots for TSS3 and/or Siphon3. Honestly I think the Mirror setup is nastier than the standard because of those eng slots.
Captain
# 10
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
got one, its squishy.

if it had com+ltcom sci
lt eng
ltcom tac

as it is. meh.
the mirror vo'quv is the most unsquishy of all the carriers...