Starfleet Veteran
# 11
09-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Well it is for a mission set on the players ship so it's a battle bridge, but the mission is a throwback to a TOS episode so I wanted a bit of a retro 60's vibe to the interior.
I think it's going to be a hard sell for the player's ship to have a battle bridge that isn't generally in the same style as the players bridge. Why would the player's battle bridge be so different?

@greendragoon
Commander
# 12
09-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I think it's going to be a hard sell for the player's ship to have a battle bridge that isn't generally in the same style as the players bridge. Why would the player's battle bridge be so different?
The battle bridge is never a duplicate of the main bridge. The issue would be the battle bridge is meant to be more basic and functional - not more awesome and swish.

Perhaps that kind of style would best suit astrometrics? Such a room you'd expect to deviate slightly from normal ship interior style and is visually impressive. Considering the huge variety in bridges in STO, probably fitting either way though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
09-24-2013, 01:02 PM
You could call it a prototype bridge/command center module that you happen to have on board cause the Advanced Starship Design Bureau has asked you to test it (your normal bridge will be re-installed on Tuesday).

Anyway. Interesting design, I would not have thought of using those turntables, and I'm going to have to start playing with building roofs, bet there are lot of interesting floor possibilities.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 14
09-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You could call it a prototype bridge/command center module that you happen to have on board cause the Advanced Starship Design Bureau has asked you to test it (your normal bridge will be re-installed on Tuesday).

Anyway. Interesting design, I would not have thought of using those turntables, and I'm going to have to start playing with building roofs, bet there are lot of interesting floor possibilities.
Yeah I have a similar explanation built into the plot. I like to think of the foundry as that big box of lego you have as a kid! I have'nt tried it yet but I think the roofs of military buildings could be the cure for drab starship floors.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 09-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
09-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Wow using DJ Stations that's genius
At least you know they must have a good sound system on that bridge!

Seriously, it looks pretty good. It's too bad we don't have access to a true view screen, but you have to work with what you have available.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
I used the roof from one of the science buildings. It is animated though.
Ha, did not know that!

Was quite clever to use buildings like that, never occurred to me. I'll go check out what the other buildings could offer.
Captain
# 17
09-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
At least you know they must have a good sound system on that bridge!

Seriously, it looks pretty good. It's too bad we don't have access to a true view screen, but you have to work with what you have available.
We have one view screen asset but it has a picture of a blown up planet on it which gets old pretty fast. A star field would have made more sense.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
09-25-2013, 07:58 AM
When I made my battle bridge I put in an area that looks like the outline of a viewscreen and put in some dialogue saying "Sir, our viewscreen is non-functional due to battle damage" or some such.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Career Officer
# 19
09-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
We have one view screen asset but it has a picture of a blown up planet on it which gets old pretty fast. A star field would have made more sense.
What is the name of that asset? I've looked through the assets a number of times and must have missed it?

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 20
09-26-2013, 08:42 AM
I don't recall of the top of my head, It is a generic ship console or generic something I think. I used it onmy custom bridge in A time to search.