Lt. Commander
# 1 Tactical Carrier Warbird
09-26-2013, 06:20 AM
I love the Tactical Carrier Warbird, but want I don't like about it is its appearance. I wish the back end of this ship would have been similar in appearance to the 1000 day Veteran Romulan Destroyer.
Here is what I think it should of looked like. I know the change isn't to good, but it is good enough that you can get the idea.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cl...338eb.png.html
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-26-2013, 06:29 AM
I just don't like that fat butt look of the Ar'kif, Ar'kala, Dhelan or Dhael Warbirds. They don't look bird like in anyway. The Mogai back end is okay and so the the D'deradex and Scimitar. I am hoping that enough positive comments on this occurs that the Devs consider doing the minor changes to these "fat butted" Romulan Starships to make them more bird-like in appearance when it comes to the aft end of them.
Commander
# 3
09-26-2013, 08:33 AM
It's more a hybrid of the birds of prey (t'varo/t'liss) with the split wing design of the larger and more modern vessels (like the d'deridex or mogai).

The mogai has the same kind of back end that the ar'kif does, and the d'deridex doesnt have a very pronounced protrusion on the back either.

Personally I love how the ar'kif looks, I do have my issues with it though. The ship is too big IMO, and I think the t5 version of it needs a third model type with interchangeable parts to allow for greater customization.
Captain
# 4
09-26-2013, 08:35 AM
I affectionately call the Hafeh the fat pigeon >_>
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Republic Veteran
# 5
09-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
It's more a hybrid of the birds of prey (t'varo/t'liss) with the split wing design of the larger and more modern vessels (like the d'deridex or mogai).

The mogai has the same kind of back end that the ar'kif does, and the d'deridex doesnt have a very pronounced protrusion on the back either.

Personally I love how the ar'kif looks, I do have my issues with it though. The ship is too big IMO, and I think the t5 version of it needs a third model type with interchangeable parts to allow for greater customization.
Now that the things has fighters its size is kinda justified...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
I affectionately call the Hafeh the fat pigeon >_>
Damn you, I spat out my tea through my nose when I read that!

As for the ship design, I think it would loot too much like the 1000 day ship if you did that tbh.

My Chars = 1 Main (Fed Eng) & 5 Mules for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I kind of see a goose in the 1000 day Veteran Romulan ship myself, not a fat pigeon. I still think that my picture of the Ar'kif/Ar'kala looks better. It looks like a bird, SO does the 1000 day Veteran ship, and the Mogai. The t'varo/t'liss can be seen in the 1000 day veteran ship, but not all that much in any other design. I wish for one that the producers of Star Trek would have kept with the t'varo/t'liss or even used the designs from Taldren's Star trek Star Fleet Command, now those look like birds.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cl...ab3e8.jpg.html
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cl...5e44c.jpg.html
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cl...0b8f5.jpg.html
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cl...97063.jpg.html

Or this design from the Star Trek Starship Combat Simulator
http://jetfreak-7.deviantart.com/art...nder-182612652 (image by *Jetfreak-7)

These designs look more Romulan than the D'Deridax or the Ar'kif, Ar'kala, Dhelan or Dhael Warbirds. The Ha'apax looks more like a "true" Roomulan design (and no fat butt on it).

Last edited by trwarbuck; 09-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Commander
# 8
09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a more aggressive look to the design while looking less like an airplane. Arching the wings , adjusting the head , and tucking in the neck for instance could work wonders for the ship. Something like the modded picture below giving it a more hostile elegant Romulan feel to it.

Last edited by vonhellsting; 09-26-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Its just that ugly back end of the ship. The Ar'kala, Ar'kif, Dhelan and Dhael needs a different back end. That fat butt just doesn't do anything for those designs. The Mogai and its retrofit looks cool, so does the Ha'apax (and the two divided hulls), Scimitar, T'varo and T'liss looks like Romulan ships. They have sleeker looking hulls and the back end goes with the design, especially the 1000 day Veteran ship. The Ha'apax, Ha'nom and Ha'feh looks just cool. The D'deridax and its variant is okay but the D'deridax just doesn't fit the classical Romulan bird design.
Commander
# 10
09-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwarbuck View Post
Its just that ugly back end of the ship. The Ar'kala, Ar'kif, Dhelan and Dhael needs a different back end. .
Well that's a matter of opinion for me they look a little too much like air planes for my taste stick a propeller on the mid quad gun and you have yourself a biplane. I agree though the rear is rather ugly like no effort was put into it , as if they just curved off a box and decided to call it a day.