Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20130908a.18

New Feature!
  • Storming the Spire 5 Man Event
    • This is a new five man, 15 minute event that is available from the queue at any time.
    • The event is playable by mixed Starfleet, Klingon Defense Force, and Romulan Republic captains.
    • This event is designed for teams of level 50 characters and has both Normal and Elite Difficulty.
    • The Voth have started an assault on an alien base. Their goal is to steal alien technology from the base. The players are tasked with stopping the assault while allied troops retake the base.
      • Players will need to destroy Voth Troop Transports while protecting their Allied Troop Transports.
    • After a period of time the Voth will try to escape with the alien technology.
      • During this phase, a dreadnought will be beaming the technology aboard while shuttles carrying the technology will try to escape on the opposite side of the base.
    • This event rewards Fleet Marks based off:
      • The percentage of friendly troops on the base.
      • How many shuttles were stopped.
      • If the dreadnaught was destroyed.
      • Currently, Fleet Marks is a placeholder reward.

General
  • Lobi is now bind on account!
    • Lobi can now be traded between all characters on an existing account through the account bank.
    • Lobi cannot be traded to other players or placed on the exchange.
    • This change will work on all existing lobi you?re already collected as well as all future earned lobi.
    • The Lobi tutorial that would reward a single Lobi is now once per account
  • Tyken?s Rift
    • The base value of the periodic power drain has been increased by approximately 50%
    • The bonus from Aux Power has been decreased to less than half of its prior potential.
    • The base kinetic damage dealt by this power has been increased by about 35%
  • Reverted unintentional changes that had been introduced to the female proportions

Known Issues:
  • Some ground maps may be missing some textures such as trees.
  • The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.
  • Pirate Trait is not being applied correctly to Captains.
  • Romulan Captains cannot rearrange their HUD in system space.
  • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.
  • Ships are translucent in the character select screen.
  • Polish on the Voth critters groups is not complete.
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Interesting patch notes. Would love to try the Storming the Spire event.
Commander
# 3
09-27-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm a silver player...

So... has anyone even tried this thing yet?

If so, what's it like?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resurrect exploration in STO!
Captain
# 4
09-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Ummm, IIRC Lobi was changed to account bound on holodeck with yesterdays patch. I got all my lobi from all characters sitting in my account bank as I type, is it still being tested ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
# 5
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
When someone gets to playing it, post screenshots (I want to see the voth in-game).
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 6
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Ummm, IIRC Lobi was changed to account bound on holodeck with yesterdays patch. I got all my lobi from all characters sitting in my account bank as I type, is it still being tested ?
But it wasn't Account Bound on Tribble yet (only Holodeck and Redshirt), and now it is with this patch

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 7
09-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
But it wasn't Account Bound on Tribble yet (only Holodeck and Redshirt), and now it is with this patch

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I was under the impression that Tribble was the test server for patches bound for holodeck. I appologise for mis-confused for the past 18 months.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 8
09-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Isn't versioning a wonderful thing?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a fun yet challenging shooter that you can play with your friends? Click here!
Commander
# 9
09-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I was under the impression that Tribble was the test server for patches bound for holodeck. I appologise for mis-confused for the past 18 months.
You're mostly right.

Most of the year, Tribble is meant for testing patches to Holodeck (whether those are for the very next patch or a few weeks down the line).

Once a new Season is upon STO, Redshirt serves that purpose. Tribble becomes the new Season's testing server in a sense.
Career Officer
# 10
09-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Ah, decided not to break every female character model after all, I see.