Commander
Is Tribble going to be locked for silvers for the duration of Season 8 testing?

I'm trying to decide whether to focus more on NW or STO.

Thanks in advance!
Captain
# 2
09-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Chances are that Closed Beta will be for Gold while Open Beta would be available for Silvers. Everything the Golds are testing right now and in the near future will eventually be tested by Silvers. Don't worry, you will be able to get your Tribble Test Reward for Season 8.
Commander
# 3
09-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Chances are that Closed Beta will be for Gold while Open Beta would be available for Silvers. Everything the Golds are testing right now and in the near future will eventually be tested by Silvers. Don't worry, you will be able to get your Tribble Test Reward for Season 8.
I appreciate your answer, but it is not an answer to my original question, which has more to do with 'when' than 'if'.
Captain
# 4
09-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrunner View Post
I appreciate your answer, but it is not an answer to my original question, which has more to do with 'when' than 'if'.
When is something only the devs know and even then it is possible that they only have an idea of when it might happen. Also, you asked if the Silvers will be locked out for the duration of Season 8 testing meaning that Silvers won't be able to test it until Season 8 hits the Holodeck so it is a question of if and not when. When will Silvers be able to test the content for Season 8 on Tribble might have been a more appropriate question.

Legacy of Romulus had 2 testing stages while it was on Tribble, Closed Beta where only select people were allowed to test it and Open Beta where everyone could test it.
Commander
# 5
09-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
When will Silvers be able to test the content for Season 8 on Tribble might have been a more appropriate question.
You're absolutely right. I would have asked that exact question, had a similar question not already been asked by ektalion22 in two different threads, both times going unanswered by staff. I just did what I used to do with Ask Cryptic: come up with a seemingly easy question for them to answer, but one that will still coax them into giving slightly more detail.

As for the LoR closed beta (of which I was a part), that only involved the Romulan Faction, not the entire LoR update (UI, Nimbus, etc.). I realize that could have been a precursor to a more closed preliminary testing environment, but I sincerely hope that is not the case.