Captain
# 91
08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
You know, I generally try to support the OPvP channel by recommending it to folks for help...

...but at times, it's worse than ESD/Drozana/ol' DS9/etc/etc/etc.

Topics of discussion in the past 15-20 minutes?
Money is meaningless
Eugenics
Non-consensual sex
Would you let somebody bang your wife for $3m?
Sarah Palin's genitalia

When the mods are around, sure - there might be the odd joke made and even non-PvP talk taking place...but when they're not around, it can be a case of flipping tabs.

Don't get me wrong, I've made my share of odd jokes - said stupid things - but some of the crap said in there is unbelievably crass. It makes it hard to recommend the channel to anybody or even admit that I've ever heard of the channel...the behavior of a few reflects so poorly on others that would have more folks check the channel out, get more involved in PvP, and try to show Cryptic there's a source of revenue there so they make the investment in PvP.

...meh.

Well, I've seen the RP trollish stuff on occasion, and that's fine as long as it's in good fun - but those topics? What the hell? Seriously, what the hell?

It does really feel like PvP-related stuffs has been on a bit of a downturn lately, at least during the time I'm on - think about 4am to 9am GMT. There has been a lot of silence - and a bunch of Fleet chat PvP. It feels like a lot of the people who used to be old standbies have disappeared. I may not have been active for very long, but I've lurked for a long time, and seen many new handles in the past few months - not all of them good. Wonder if Pascal wasn't on to something with that moderated channel thing a few weeks back.

Then again, it still is a fair source for quick advice. However, quick is the operative word here. The chat system does not lend itself well at all to imparting builds and more detailed stuff like that.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 92
08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Well, from the things I'm seeing roll by in OPvP right now support exactly what you guys are saying about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 93
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
And by contrast - what I saw in OPvP as I log on at my more usual time - folks X'ing up, folks discussing mechanics, etc.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 94
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
We've been in the process of promoting new Mods to cover all of the timezones for a while now, the only problem is that finding level headed and non-biased people who are willing to act to keep the channel clean within a PvP community is not an easy thing to do.

For what it's worth, I let a lot of little stuff in the channel go (venting, some trolling, etc.), and when I do police the channel I catch all kinds of flak from people who don't like what I do. For the Mods it is very much, damned if you do and damned if you don't; hell I'm still catching flak for letting Nerds of Prey do their base access give-a-way a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, it's not perfect and it has its ups and downs, but there is a slowly increasing number of mods in the channel who are willing to act to keep it clean.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Captain
# 95
08-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Wasn't damning the mods for not being there, was damning the folks taking advantage of the mods not being there...

...as far as the NoP thing, that's going to be like almost anything - you're going to get flak for allowing X group speak from Y group that doesn't like X group, etc, etc, etc. There's no escaping that.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 96
08-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Mods need to ban people discussing exploits that i have been seeing here.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions

Last edited by marc8219; 08-12-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Lieutenant
# 97 big pvp
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
big pvp tuesday 21/08/13 that is all
Career Officer
# 98
09-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Just a comment...

I had added "OrganizedPvP" to my chat channel selection..

Thing is, the 5 or 6 times I've tried to contact someone on that channel, there was no response...

Is there a "Best Time" to try to get questions answered ?
I'm in NA, on the east coast.

...Or since you have taken over the role as channel administrator, are you planning to have more people watching the chat channel ?

I'd definatly use this service. Just havent had luck trying to chat with someone in channel..

This was about a month ago (the last time I tried)

\\//_

L L & P
Captain
# 99
09-29-2013, 03:28 PM
is there are list with the admins in this channel?

Last edited by captainedna; 09-29-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 100
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't forget the Tyler durden channel for your PVP needs. both channels have their functions
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)