Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 591
09-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I have to read every icon description now, which means I have less time to spend in the game giving PWE/Cryptic my money. Make it easy for us. Try again on the graphics art! FAIL!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 592
09-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg1usa View Post
I have to read every icon description now, which means I have less time to spend in the game giving PWE/Cryptic my money. Make it easy for us. Try again on the graphics art! FAIL!
I totally agree, but it seems that Cryptic / PWE is hell-bent on ignoring this thread to death given their lack of any feedback whatsoever.

When the icon change went live, there were numerous complaint threads that were consolidated into this one. After that, Cryptic went completely silent, never to revisit this topic again. Any official answer would have been appreciated, but all we received so far are ***crickets*** Worst of all, we're not allowed to create survey nor petition threads either since it violates PWE's forum use rules.

I find such CS tactics absolutely deplorable, so I've stopped sinking any further funds into STO (and I've spent thousands already, so GG Cryptic).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 593
09-29-2013, 04:45 AM
It's very disappointing they ignoring this and pretending that people with visual problems still exist.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,008
# 594
09-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
It's very disappointing they ignoring this and pretending that people with visual problems still exist.
I have to say I'm disappointed too.

I was holding off on posting this to see if Cryptic would do anything about it, but since it seems that they aren't going to address this, I think I will.

There is an organization out there who both supports and advocates on the behalf of disabled/impaired gamers.

http://www.ablegamers.com/

Visual disabilities and impairments definitely count. In the past I've seen them conduct interviews with major game developers on how accessible their games are for people with disabilities. They do game reviews and even reach out to developers to try to get changes made to help people out.

It might be time to contact them with a quick write up about this. Obviously there's no way to know if anything will come of it, but at the very least they can get the word out that STO is being very unfriendly to those of us with visual impairments.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 162
# 595
09-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Cryptic.

Since you have decided to ignore the visually disabled in favour of the console revamp, thereby making it a lot harder for visually disabled people to at least save some time in this game, and since you seem to now be rubbing salt in the wounds with this latest Crystalline event (yeah, screen CONSTANTLY covered in static does wonders for a screen magnifier) I have forwarded this thread to the following people and magazines.

Jim Doherty, UK Disabled Gamers Group

Leslie Thompson, Disabled Gaming

Anthony Wilson, UK Visually Impaired Gamers Group

James Robertson, PC Gamer Magazine (UK)

I've also contacted a few friends I still have in CBS (since i used to work in Interplay when they still held the first run of Star Trek games licenses) to inform them of Cryptics lack of care, understanding and complete incompetency.

If you lot was working under me back in the nineties, i'd have sacked the lot of you. Hopefully a couple of the above mentioned folks will throw out an article or two.

As for me, i've had it with this game. An MMO which had a lot of potential, unfortunately ruined by the company who is running it.

"You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."

Last edited by v1ctor1st; 09-29-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 287
# 596
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ctor1st View Post
Cryptic.

Since you have decided to ignore the visually disabled in favour of the console revamp, thereby making it a lot harder for visually disabled people to at least save some time in this game, and since you seem to now be rubbing salt in the wounds with this latest Crystalline event (yeah, screen CONSTANTLY covered in static does wonders for a screen magnifier) I have forwarded this thread to the following people and magazines.

Jim Doherty, UK Disabled Gamers Group

Leslie Thompson, Disabled Gaming

Anthony Wilson, UK Visually Impaired Gamers Group

James Robertson, PC Gamer Magazine (UK)

I've also contacted a few friends I still have in CBS (since i used to work in Interplay when they still held the first run of Star Trek games licenses) to inform them of Cryptics lack of care, understanding and complete incompetency.

If you lot was working under me back in the nineties, i'd have sacked the lot of you. Hopefully a couple of the above mentioned folks will throw out an article or two.

As for me, i've had it with this game. An MMO which had a lot of potential, unfortunately ruined by the company who is running it.
Nicely stated, not surprised coming from someone such as yourself.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.