Ensign
Hello!

I started playing STO about 3 months ago, I am a casual player, currently lvl 35 federation tactical officer.

What I am looking for

-An active fleet during the times I play (usually between 9PM - 3AM Mountain on workdays, anytime on my days off)

-A fleet with respect to the source material
eg: I don't want to join the "Toasters of Doom!" but something that could exist in the ST universe, same with ship names.

-On the same hand - light RP wouldn't be bad

In other games I have always gone out of my way to help others and assist as well as lead where I can. Let me know whats out there and how to apply! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey, you should consider checking out the UFP. We have users on pretty much 24/7 across several timezones so you'll always have people to talk to and group with. We also have an RP division, which is a group of players within the community which take part in a variety of RP events across STO (and several other Star Trek titles).

Also, if you're still relatively new to STO, don't let that dissuade you from joining, we're a friendly and helpful bunch who'll offer you guidance on a wide range of game related topics.

We've also recently upgraded our website, which is full of information for anyone who wants to consider joining. I'm still relatively new to the fleet, but I've settled in nicely and can tell you the people you'll get to know are great. We're more than an in-game fleet, we're a great community.

If you have any more questions that need answering, feel free to ask me!

www.ufplanets.com
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Dentari-STO.png
Captain
# 3
10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey.

I'm going to say right off the bat our fleet name is Elite Defense Starfleet. If the name doesn't appeal to you fair enough, it's not as true to the source as it can be but it's not exactly "Warriors of the orbiting teapot" or something like that

It's good you've put what you're expecting, we don't RP much as far as I know and not everyone wants to but we don't shun anyone for doing it.

In regards to our fleet though there is always room for good players, active players and strong leaders. A strong leader can find themselves getting into a position where they have a lot of powers which you don't get in other fleet. All our members get heard and their views are taken into account, we also run the fleet for our members, they are not there to merely feed the starbase.

I would suggest joining our fleet channel so you can get to know us first if you're interested. Mention you joined the channel after seeing a post on the forums and there should be someone to help =)

Our channel is EDS2. To join it just type without the quotes "/channel_join EDS2" and hit return. Select the channel and start getting to know us!

Edit: Oh and if you're interested in knowing progression T3 Embassy, T3 Mine, T5 Shipyard, T5 Starbase, T4.5 Engineering and science....I need to get that put in my sig -.-
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.

Last edited by bpharma; 10-01-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Ensign
# 4
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
we also run the fleet for our members, they are not there to merely feed the starbase.
-
totally just pictured a starbase with a mouth...

"Seymour, feeeed me!"
Captain
# 5
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
If you've ever tried building one on your own or with only 2 other people you know it's almost exactly like that. Sadly that fleet died and I moved onto EDS. That was less than a year ago and I'm already a Vice Admiral in the fleet (2nd highest rank).
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 6
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
"Warriors of the orbiting teapot"
LOL. Great example.