Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
It has no effect on Red Matter Capacitor (which is technically a battery) , and it has no mention of the Red Matter Capacitor (as an exception) in it's description .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 2
09-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I think the RMC might be a bit buggy as of late. I've tried to use it to restart the weapon systems after the Tholians blew them out on several occasions and it never seems to work.
Rihannsu
# 3
09-12-2013, 10:05 PM
did you notice any cooldown reduction?

This probably works like transwarp where a 100% value means it cools down twice as fast, IE it takes half as long.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
09-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
did you notice any cooldown reduction?
Not on the Red Matter Capacitor .
That one has a 3 Min cooldown with or without the battery Doff .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 5
10-02-2013, 08:57 AM
*Sighs*

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=617641

Sounds like me. I have posted several times on this topic yet no reply. I mean, if for some reason they did want to leave out the RMC and EPM, then at least clarify it in the text. How hard is that?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
10-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Battery abilities in general are balanced around either being consumable, or having long cooldown timers. If you can negate both of those simultaneously, as would be the case with a RMC + CD reduction, it'd throw out the need to ever even consider using another type of battery.

I'll investigate this further, but at first glance, it sounds like it's working as intended.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Battery abilities in general are balanced around either being consumable, or having long cooldown timers. If you can negate both of those simultaneously, as would be the case with a RMC + CD reduction, it'd throw out the need to ever even consider using another type of battery.

I'll investigate this further, but at first glance, it sounds like it's working as intended.
A small request to add to that: While you are add it Bort, mind looking into possibly fixing the RMC's lack of repairing a disabled weapon's system? It hasn't done that for months. It'd just be nice again if it actually did fix all systems like it says it is supposed to.

Rihannsu
# 8
10-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:

What about giving it diminished effectiveness on RMC? Say, reduce the CD by 30sec?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 9
10-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:

Thanks for at least piping in on this and adding some clarification, Bort!

That said, like a previous poster stated, how about a small reduction? I mean, I purchased one of these doffs thinking it would work with the RMC (And perhaps the EPM) in light of the fact that the Exocomp doff does as well. (Call me KoOkY!!!)

No matter what, some update on the description text would help everyone.

Edit: Since the RMC has a long cooldown already - I think we're being punished enough, hahah)

Last edited by badname834854; 10-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
10-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
A small request to add to that: While you are add it Bort, mind looking into possibly fixing the RMC's lack of repairing a disabled weapon's system? It hasn't done that for months. It'd just be nice again if it actually did fix all systems like it says it is supposed to.
Months? Try years. It has *never* repaired the weapon subsystem even though it's supposed to. It's been brought up many times over the years and largely ignored, presumably because it's so old and unobtainable now. It's a big shame really!

I used to be annoyed about it, but given the buff to EPtW during LoR making it a viable option it's not so important in most of my builds (glass cannons) but I can see it still being irritating for any other build type!