Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Battery abilities in general are balanced around either being consumable, or having long cooldown timers. If you can negate both of those simultaneously, as would be the case with a RMC + CD reduction, it'd throw out the need to ever even consider using another type of battery.
I have given this statement some thought. I'd like to respectfully proffer these alternate viewpoints:

1) The CD on the RMC is high enough as it is. Potentially reducing it to 1:30 for the small subset of the population that actually has one wouldn't be a game changer.
2) The whole POINT of the RMC is that it isn't consumable, but we pay a price for it; a long CD. That said, it was put in the game for a reason as an incentive to buy-in to the game early. So, we DID pay for it in real-wrold terms as well.
3) Your points assume this all takes place in a vacuum..but it doesn't. - we would still have to sacrifice a valuable space doff slot for us to get it to work.

Quote:
I'll investigate this further, but at first glance, it sounds like it's working as intended.
I appreciate that. Why not offer it something similar to the Exocomp? Like have it only reduce a little but of time?

Or have it offer only a chance percentage it will work, based on rarity? You could also apply this to the EPM. Just think of the creative builds that could be applied with that in mind...it would be kinda neat and force some people to consider that console as well...
Captain
# 12
10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
A small request to add to that: While you are add it Bort, mind looking into possibly fixing the RMC's lack of repairing a disabled weapon's system? It hasn't done that for months. It'd just be nice again if it actually did fix all systems like it says it is supposed to.

it wont fix disabled subsystems ..at least we got doffs that disable multiple subsytems lol

Last edited by captainedna; 10-02-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-02-2013, 04:26 PM
100% cooldown reduction would reduce any cooldown to zero seconds. Is that really how the DOff is supposed to work?
Captain
# 14
10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
100% cooldown reduction would reduce any cooldown to zero seconds. Is that really how the DOff is supposed to work?
You would think so but, no. Cryptic math. 100% on anything isn't going to make it zero and those doffs that give you 100% chance of something is more like 30%-50%.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
the tooltip is poorly worded IMO. It increases the cooldown rate 100%. thus halving the time to recharge.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 16
10-02-2013, 08:25 PM
When something cools down 100% faster, it is cooling down at 200% normal speed, which leads to a 50% reduction of time spent in cooldown.

Darn silly maths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Months? Try years. It has *never* repaired the weapon subsystem even though it's supposed to. It's been brought up many times over the years and largely ignored, presumably because it's so old and unobtainable now. It's a big shame really!

I used to be annoyed about it, but given the buff to EPtW during LoR making it a viable option it's not so important in most of my builds (glass cannons) but I can see it still being irritating for any other build type!
Really? I didn't know that. I could've sworn, at least for a time, it did.

Well, guess that Tholian NPCs have exasperated that issue in these past months then.

Career Officer
# 18
10-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Really? I didn't know that. I could've sworn, at least for a time, it did.

Well, guess that Tholian NPCs have exasperated that issue in these past months then.
Had RMC for about 2 years, in all that time it never did anything except boost power, threads were written about it, I started one myself, nothing was ever done about it, we gave up.
Career Officer
# 19
10-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Had RMC for about 2 years, in all that time it never did anything except boost power, threads were written about it, I started one myself, nothing was ever done about it, we gave up.
The RMC will restore offline systems - but the Tholian weapon-kill thing is a ...well, cheat for lack of a better term. The RMC won't fix THAT (which is BS, IMHO). EPtW will fix that, however.

IMHO, the RMC should fix all offline systems, regardless. It has a 3 min CD ffs!
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Indeed. If it is broken, it should work. Not really much else to say besides that.