Career Officer
# 11
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I used a Science captain, a Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit, and I compared Gravity Well 1 compared to Gravity Well 3. I typically stack Gravity Well with Attack Pattern Omega for damage bonus. 246 points in Particle Generators at 130 auxiliary. Currently on holodeck, Gravity Well I is dealing 673.3 damage/second. Prior to today's patch, that number was 971.5. That is a 30% damage reduction over former effectiveness compared to the current effectiveness. Now for Gravity well III, it's currently dealing 1,121.9 damage/second (old nonfunctional tooltip read 1619.2). That is 150.4 more damage/second or 14.5% more effective than the old Gravity Well I, which essentially makes it the old Gravity Well I for all intents and purposes.

When I brought up the fact that Gravity Well III was doing less damage than Gravity Well I, Cryptic's solution to the problem was to nerf Gravity Well I by 30% and then also reduce the Gravity Well III tooltip by 30%. That's not really fixing the problem, Gravity Well I's damage was fine before the patch, it was Gravity Well III that was underperforming.
so sad the whole thing

dont know why they keep nerfing sci as if guys doing 40k dps with a scim isnt worth a nerf but gw1(3) is?
Commander
# 12
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
The patch note is confusing - it talks about how the math calculations of the power were changed, instead of how the player experience of using the power has changed. We've made a note for future patch notes to try to keep them focused on player experience.
Can we please have both in the future. Some players just wanna know generally how to play and other people want to know all the nitty gritty details so they can understand the rules of the game.