Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloz View Post
When is the release date?
3 years...
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Will there be realistic travel times in space?
Travel times will be semi-realistic, with a focus on fun. Space is big, and it can take a very long time to travel great distances. That travel time can be impractically long. We will introduce transwarp conduit technology and worm holes to allow players to travel to distant sectors of the galaxy without needing days or weeks of gameplay to do so.
Quote:
Can I play something other than a Captain like a Doctor or an Engineer?
Everyone is a Captain, (remember, if you command a ship, you are automatically a Captain), and you will command a crew, but that does not limit your role. Your character will still be able to choose from a variety of career paths, such as Engineer, Tactical Officer, Doctor, Science Officer, etc. Your career path is your root, and will affect your skills, and how you command your crew. Consider Jean-Luc Picard, Beverly Crusher, Worf and Kathryn Janeway. Picard was an archeologist and diplomat, Crusher was a doctor, Worf a security/tactical officer, and Janeway was a scientist. Each eventually choose a career in command and became ship captains. This does not mean the game will limit your ship choices based on your profession far from it. The examples are simply an example of how the game design was inspired.
WOOT!!!!! CS is so fast when making this game! and has noting to hide!! (besides release date) but iim loving this more and more every day. thats why i cant spend hours on the forums it would make me go crazy
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Will you need to have to have an internet connection to play Star Trek Online?
Yes.
Wow, i never imagined that an internet connection would be necessary to play an online game. Really beats me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it would have been fairly easy for Cryptic to rest on its laurels a bit after Sunday's press blitz, so I'm encouraged that they've worked this quickly to get up a decently informative FAQ. There is some new information here, particularly when it comes to the list of playable races. The inclusion of the Orions is a real twist, and this would initially seem to indicate that more than the seven races scheduled by Perpetual were playable.

Good show, and I hope they'll maintain a commitment to maintaining the FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
3 years...
I dunno.... The game will be set in the year 2409... so SOMEHOW I guess it will be released next year....
Lt. Commander
# 26 The Game Itself
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I have just signed up but I haven't been able to actually play the game. Is there a page or site that I need to visit first?
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
as i red the FAQ 2 question hit a stake in my mind:

universe with economy, fleet battles and taking territorys - will it be similar with EVE online?
walking on surface and in ships - similar to Earth and Beyond (there u can walk on stations and EVE similar to this mmo)?

whit this 2 old mmos as example the good graphic and playeable in most computers are really reacheable.

bye
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
i just read the FAQ, and i found it quite interesting!
i'm looking forward for more

*edit*
oh, just read the previous post too, and i'm happy to see some ppl still remember Earth & Beyond!
that was a wonderful MMO, too bad it vanished so soon ...
if STO goes the way E&B did, i'm sure it'll become a SUPER MMO, one i'll be playing for sure!
and being a CoH/V player, i have high hopes
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseph_MIvyotlh View Post
I have just signed up but I haven't been able to actually play the game. Is there a page or site that I need to visit first?
Uh... in case you missed it: the game isn't out yet...
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Uh... in case you missed it: the game isn't out yet...
not even beta yet !