Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 306
# 11
10-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg1usa View Post
So, Worf joined the Hair Club for Klingons, and he's not just a client, he's the Emperor of the Hair Club!
He was just a client before he challenged the former Hair Emperor and subsequently strangled him with his own braid. Many songs will be sung of that glorious battle...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
# 12
10-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Just wait until Gowron ends up in a time travel mission/flashback and we get to see his massive mane of hair. He'll be a true Emperor of the Hair Club...

And he'll have crazy eyes!

Now that I think about it, this game needs more Gowron!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 306
# 13
10-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke89305092 View Post
Now that I think about it, this game needs more Gowron!
Dude, LOTS of things need more Gowron.

Spring break? Yep

Presidential debates? Hell yeah.

Amish Mafia? Most definitely.


Gowron. Bringing the crazy eyes since 2367...
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 943
# 14
10-05-2013, 02:50 AM
[Conspiracy]I'm thinking this means that cryptic are able to use his likeness now, perhaps paving the way for possible voice work?[/Conspiracy]

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 972
# 15
10-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
As has been stated, The Natural lifespan of a Klingon is greater then a Human, not shorter. Though keep in mind humans also have longer lifespans then they do in present day.

The thing to remember is that Klingons, by nature of their culture and lifestyle, tend to rarely live out there natural lives. More often then not, dying in battle.
Indeed. This is true of many warrior cultures. The average life expectancy is shorter because the youthful die young in glorious battle. Kor in "Once more unto the Breech" (DS9) even warned to the young members of the Rottarren crew who were mocking him "Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it's fresh from the vine. But don't live too long... The taste turns bitter... after a time." Similarly, Douglas MacArthur said "Old Soldiers never die, they just fade away."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,844
# 16
10-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
Indeed. This is true of many warrior cultures. The average life expectancy is shorter because the youthful die young in glorious battle. Kor in "Once more unto the Breech" (DS9) even warned to the young members of the Rottarren crew who were mocking him "Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it's fresh from the vine. But don't live too long... The taste turns bitter... after a time." Similarly, Douglas MacArthur said "Old Soldiers never die, they just fade away."
I think the problem behind the Klingon lifespan debate is actually a slightly different one: the old FASA materials claimed Klingons had a much shorter lifespan than humans.
60 being about the maximum on average and the human-klingon "fusions" (FASA's explanation for the forehead problem) getting a few more years, so it was based on genetics and not combat attrition.
And since people don't tend to check where certain information comes from they just grab stuff they found somewhere written by someone and run with it.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 838
# 17
10-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Well, Klingons do not have an average longer life span than Humans... average is calculated not by the biological lifespan capacities, but rather how long they actually live. Since most die in combat, that reduces their lifespan calculations.

Worf is old because he rarely, if ever loses in physical combat. He's also a King maker. He killed Duras, paving the way for Gowron, then killed Gowron some time later. He has killed many Klingons, Borg and Jem'Hadar in close quarter combat. Let him have his own special hair. He's a special man.

It is debated, but apparently he let Martok best him in combat. In fact, the only time (alternative timeline wise) that I've seen him killed in close quarter combat was when he was assassinated, by being stabbed, in the back on the council floors.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,305
# 18
10-05-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
I think the problem behind the Klingon lifespan debate is actually a slightly different one: the old FASA materials claimed Klingons had a much shorter lifespan than humans.
Since these materials are not canonical, and directly contradict what is observed in canonical material...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,844
# 19
10-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Since these materials are not canonical, and directly contradict what is observed in canonical material...
I thought that goes without saying it out loud.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,163
# 20
10-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom7 View Post
[Conspiracy]I'm thinking this means that cryptic are able to use his likeness now, perhaps paving the way for possible voice work?[/Conspiracy]
That was my first thought too. Why an update all of a sudden? Unless...

I'm going to join you in Conspiracy Corner if ya don't mind. I bring snacks!
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM.