Captain
# 21
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
It gets even more baffling: In some fleets I am loitering in, apparently, even through the profanity filter is off, it censors...the LEADERBOARD SCORES. The NUMBERS are censored. What the heck is that? How is one supposed to even tell where someone is on the scoreboard when the game censors the numbers out of the scoreboard? How the hell does that even qualify as profane? We have profane numbers now?
Captain
# 22
10-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I can think of one number (and derivitives thereof) that could be considered profane...

But, yeah, the censor is either way too strict or the person that programmed it has a dirty, dirty mind. I know that at one point, I wanted to name a starship after a species of bird and couldn't because appearently that was also an inappropriate slang term that only about one or two people even knew existed when I brought it up on the forums...
----
Oh, my Sarr Theln... What have they done to you?
Captain
# 23
10-05-2013, 08:29 AM
The Dodo?

Yeah I wrote a foundry... and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what the heck was profanity... apparently it was butt...
Rihannsu
# 24
10-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
It gets even more baffling: In some fleets I am loitering in, apparently, even through the profanity filter is off, it censors...the LEADERBOARD SCORES. The NUMBERS are censored. What the heck is that? How is one supposed to even tell where someone is on the scoreboard when the game censors the numbers out of the scoreboard? How the hell does that even qualify as profane? We have profane numbers now?
there's only a few numbers it does that with. 132, and 69 IIRC.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 25
10-06-2013, 10:16 AM
@20: Nice necro. This thread died in July.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer