Ensign
# 541
09-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
how big is a new dl of the game using ark?

i had to give up at 35gig seeing as all the support file say i need less then 20 gig
Ensign
# 542
09-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey about 4 days ago my launcher stopped working I had experienced this problem before and fixed it by un-installing and re-installing STO. This time however I found a lovely little problem in the form of ARC!!!! No matter what I do, ARC says the same exact thing all the time "checking for updates" I left this thing running for five hours straight, and still nothing, how can I re-install STO without using ARC, and if I can't do that how can I fix ARC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
Ensign
# 543
09-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfan84 View Post
Hey about 4 days ago my launcher stopped working I had experienced this problem before and fixed it by un-installing and re-installing STO. This time however I found a lovely little problem in the form of ARC!!!! No matter what I do, ARC says the same exact thing all the time "checking for updates" I left this thing running for five hours straight, and still nothing, how can I re-install STO without using ARC, and if I can't do that how can I fix ARC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
as far as i can tell there isnt any support at all.. not here not on there support forum and no response when you submit a ticket..

so im guessing they just dont need player they have enough
Ensign
# 544
10-03-2013, 09:58 PM
There is Steam... I use both but at the moment my internet does not seem to want to patch with either or method so i might have to try again at another point
Ensign
# 545 I now getting this error.
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Error -101 when loading url http://launcher.startrekonline.com/l...ogin?version=1

I updated the launcher but it still don't work.
Career Officer
# 546
10-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I've been getting the auto-update message for about 4 days now. I use the steam version since I switched pc's. very frustrating since I was able to log in just 2 weeks ago...
Ensign
# 547
10-31-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm also having issues. I've not played in probably nine to ten months and was coming back to check out the new patch.

Just after I enter my details into the launcher, it comes up with the downloader as per normal, but a few seconds later I get a crash-to-desktop and the Cryptic Error Report prompt.

I've skimmed the forums looking for solutions, including downloading the new launcher as suggested in various threads, to no success.

Suggestions?

~N
Ensign
# 548
11-04-2013, 08:20 PM
To those with launcher issues: I have a persistent issue where my launcher file gets locked whenever the launcher is updated. There are a few others with a similar issue, so I use a virtual machine to download the new launcher file and manually overwrite. For the benefit of the others I provide the file for download. If you're having launcher issues, you're welcome to try it. Just be sure to scan it using your virus software or VirusTotal. Here's the link: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

TL;DR - You can download an updated launcher file from the link.

Last edited by reveever; 11-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Ensign
# 549
11-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I would type my password in the launcher wouldn't start the update. I tried to Run as administrator with no luck. What did work was going to Program Files/Perfect World.../Star Trek Online and running the Star Trek Online file as Administrator and just skip Arc entirely.
Career Officer
# 550
11-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I was having problems with the last two launcher updates, and the link for the launcher here helped me.

Now if only Champions Online forums has a link to the latest launcher for that game as well, because I'm running into the same problem there as well.