Survivor of Remus
# 1 Romulan Science Love
10-05-2013, 02:51 PM
So I've noticed that there is absolutely no choice for Romulan captains who want to fly a science ship but to fly the Ha'nom as a T5 ship. All things being equal, it is unfortunate that even the Klingons (who in canon aren't exactly the most focused on scientific research) have choices for science vessels, including full carriers (which would be nice). I know there is the Temporal Science Vessel, but I don't really feel like that is a Romulan ship. The primary reason I enjoy playing my Romulan faction characters is the unique nature of using the singularity powers and coping with the reduced power levels. Taking away the singularity core from the Romulan version of the TSV has removed all desire I had to play that ship. Plenty of people will say the Romulan singularity powers make it impractical for Cryptic to add even more science abilites to a ship, to that I must disagree. The singularity powers lock out all of the other powers for up to one minute. A minute is an eternity in much of the end game content.

Alas, I'm sure this will just be ignored by the Devs and Community Managers as a whining post about a lack of *BLANK* for my particular *BLANK* and that it isn't fair that I can't do what I want to do. None the less, I'm just saying it would be great to have some degree of choice in ships, since they were lazy and stuck the Dreadnaught Warbirds with the exact same BOff layout regardless of the type of ship it is.

*Edit Below*
Also, the Ha'nom is slower than any other T5 Science ship in the other factions, including the carriers which is just sad really.

Last edited by jaguarman1234; 10-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I fully agree, they need to add at least one or two more Science ships, with different variety to really allow players to have their own build, instead of having every single Romulan Science Captain flying the exact same ship because it's the only one available.

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Lieutenant
# 3
10-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Hear Hear. I had planned to make my third toon a Rom Sci to round out the group, but when I found out about the lack of viable choices in Rom Sci department, I just rolled a Fed instead and my first Rom had to wait a long time until I finally got around to it.

I mean, Cryptic HAD a CANON Romulan Science Ship to use, had they not made it a Commanders Gig skin choice... But yeah. More love for Romulan Science. (Heck, Sci in general)
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-05-2013, 03:34 PM
*coughT'VAROcough*
Career Officer
# 5
10-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
*coughT'VAROcough*
*Cough* Not a Science Ship in the slightest *Cough*

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Survivor of Remus
# 6
10-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I meant a dedicated science ship, with the commander level ability. Not a Tac/Sci, I can make a beefier Tac/Sci with my Science version Dreadnaught
Commander
# 7
10-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd really like to see them take the ar'kif/ar'kala and make additional science and engineer versions of it (with slightly modified appearances), and allow the parts to all be interchangeable.

The ar'kif is the only ship (sans the veteran/lifetime sub ship) that is actually stated to be built by the romulan republic. For a group that has limited resources, personnel, and facilities, it seems to me that making a single modular ship design would be far more viable and efficient than making numerous new ship designs.

As anyone who's been in military design will tell you, it really doesnt cost 30 billion dollars to make a jetfighter or a c130. The initial development and design may have taken that much, but the individual craft are relatively inexpensive by comparison. Research and development are where the cost and time are.

The ar'kif/ar'kala are already amazing looking designs, and at least lore/IP-wise the ship has proven itself to the republic. I think it'd be awesome to have variants of it for science and engineering. New consoles and such arent needed either, they could all come with the focused singularity beam (and quad cannons on the ar'kala) and use the same set bonus that entails. All that needs changed is the consoles, weapon slots, boff seating, and base stats.
Captain
# 8
10-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontirri View Post
Hear Hear. I had planned to make my third toon a Rom Sci to round out the group, but when I found out about the lack of viable choices in Rom Sci department, I just rolled a Fed instead and my first Rom had to wait a long time until I finally got around to it.

I mean, Cryptic HAD a CANON Romulan Science Ship to use, had they not made it a Commanders Gig skin choice... But yeah. More love for Romulan Science. (Heck, Sci in general)
I agree. They screwed the pooch when they decided to NOT have the Apnex from "The Next Phase" (TNG) an actual T3 and T5 ship. The stupid thing is, they still could, but refuse to.

Last edited by davidwford; 10-05-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-05-2013, 08:05 PM
The Ha'Nom may be the slowest Sci ship but it's also the only one with a cloaking device, and a battle cloak at that.

I think they will release a Carrier and a Science Vessel soon enough, This is a new faction and they haven't released everything yet.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Rihannsu
# 10
10-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinthi View Post
*Cough* Not a Science Ship in the slightest *Cough*
doesn't it have a fleet variant that is?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.