Captain
# 11
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
doesn't it have a fleet variant that is?
The Fleet T'Varo lets you do a number of useful SCI abilities while still taking advantage of the Enh.Battle Cloak, but for pure science abilities, its lackluster. You can't have Cmdr level SCI with it, and it only has 3 SCI Console Slots.

The KDF BOPs have the same console number issues, but at least they can be truly custom configured in their BOFF assignments.

With the T'Varo, SCI is more of a supporting asset compared to its truly TAC oriented styling, which the Fleet version further reinforces.
Survivor of Remus
# 12
10-06-2013, 05:05 AM
not to mention for certain builds, having the built in subsystem targeting is kind of a critical component, there are work arounds, but it is frustrating to say the least.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
10-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinthi View Post
*Cough* Not a Science Ship in the slightest *Cough*
Oh come on. Its LTC universal gives it flexibility and you can set it up as a sciscort. The enhanced battlecloak was made for science abilities.

Sure it lacks the commander science boff a dedicated science ship would have. It also lacks the innate subsystem targeting attacks and sensor analysis. But other than the first one, why are those valuable anyway? Innate subsystem attacks are garbage, and sensor analysis isn't that great either. I'll take an enhanced battlecloak over those any day.
Captain
# 14
10-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Where the hell is the Romulan scout ship?
Lieutenant
# 15
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Oh come on. Its LTC universal gives it flexibility and you can set it up as a sciscort. The enhanced battlecloak was made for science abilities.

Sure it lacks the commander science boff a dedicated science ship would have. It also lacks the innate subsystem targeting attacks and sensor analysis. But other than the first one, why are those valuable anyway? Innate subsystem attacks are garbage, and sensor analysis isn't that great either. I'll take an enhanced battlecloak over those any day.
No. The EBC was made for torpedo launching. The Retrofit B'rel was designed to have the EBC long before Romulans were a thing and it was based off of Chang's BoP in ST:VI. Iow, Torpedo Launching.

And you clearly can't read. The OP was NOT asking for a Sciscort. He was asking for a DEDICATED SCIENCE SHIP. And trust me, Cmdr Sci is a pretty big part of that. As is the Sensor Analysis. Learn to read before responding any further please.
Rihannsu
# 16
10-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Personally, I'd love to see a full Romulan science ship that isn't ha'nom or ha'apax based (no offense to the artists, those ships just aren't my thing). Something with Cmdr Sci, Lt. Com Tac, Lt. Eng, Lt. Uni, and Ens Sci, 12-13 turn and all the usual romulan and sci ship features.

Last edited by mreeves7a; 10-06-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Me grammar good.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes It would be great if the Romulans would get a proper Science vessel as they don't really have on yet.
https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Ashley-STO.png
Captain
# 18
10-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billguarnere View Post
Yes It would be great if the Romulans would get a proper Science vessel as they don't really have on yet.
How is the Hanom/Fleet Hanom not a proper sci ship?
Cmdr and lt Cmdr sci boff, 4 sci consoles, 5 for fleet version, sensor analysis, system targeting, and only one that cloaks on top of that. If that isn't a proper sci ship, no other sci ship the feds have are either, because that's what they all do.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
How is the Hanom/Fleet Hanom not a proper sci ship?
Cmdr and lt Cmdr sci boff, 4 sci consoles, 5 for fleet version, sensor analysis, system targeting, and only one that cloaks on top of that. If that isn't a proper sci ship, no other sci ship the feds have are either, because that's what they all do.
I was talking in the sence of apart from that one, All romulan captains wanting to fly a science ship are forced to fly the 1 ship. Would be great if romulan captains had a bigger choice of science ships. Tac captains got a rather big choice of ships, so why not make 1 or 2 more ships that are proper science ships.
https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Ashley-STO.png
Ensign
# 20 Q?
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM
I see a lot of talk about Tac captains being better in a Tac ship, Engi better in an Engi ship, and Science better in a Science ship.

But is not the only functional difference between them the 5 or so space specific abilities you get as a captain (Photonic fleet, Nadion inversion, Fire on my mark, etc) and the two traits unique to each one?

Can't you get every BoFF with any ability just by trading to another captain to train?

I ask as I am struggling to choose between Engineering and Science Captains as a romulan. Two favorite ships are the Ha'Nom and the Haakona.