Career Officer
# 31
12-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
So what is stopping you? There is plenty of combat Romulan missions. The Epohh Raising amounts to only 50 to 80 Romulan Marks per day depending on Assignment crits. 60 Epohh Marks are guaranteed each day with the Tau Dewa Sector. Therefore, the only real complaint about Romulan Marks is players can't get a ton of them in one day.

There is none of the valuable items in the Romulan Store. At Tier 5, there are two space sets that are almost identical, a bunch of consumables, a space weapon, an ultra rare hangar pet, and a weapon that was taken out because it wasn't ready. Just got to Tier 5 today and I am done with Romulan Reputation. With the Omega Reputation, I still have 2 more ground sets to grind for. Might just do Romulan content so I can turn it in for the dilithium. I find the main difference between Romulan Marks and Omega Marks is that Romulan Marks is gradual content while Omega Marks can be burst content depending on player style.

I just can't understand the complaint about not having enough Romulan Marks since there is not much to spend Romulan Marks on compared to Omega Marks. To get the Mk XII sets in the Romulan system you need 4500 Romulan Marks, but since the sets are too similar, then most will only spend 2250 Romulan Marks on it. Including the space weapon and ultra-rare hangar pet that is 2990 Romulan Marks since there is no real reason to get both. If you want to get both space sets, then that costs 5240 Romulan Marks. To do the same thing for the Omega Reputation, it will cost about 17,000 Omega Marks. That includes all 3 Mk XII STF Ground sets, all 3 Mk XII Space sets, costume unlocks, and the Mk XII Borg set.

It's more that people are inpatient and/or not that smart.

I was never not able to advance the Romulan rep due to mark shortage. Plus, I am not even sure why they care, I just want the abilities really. Other than the crit console which you can get at like tier one, the gear, consumables, and weapons are not that intriguing compared to what is available elsewhere. The embassy has the threat consoles... so really who cares about Romulan gear?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Empire Veteran
# 32
12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

I like the Epohh raising for RM's. Why do they need to make a newer way to do such an easy thing?
New Romulus, or Q's Winter Wonderland?

The winter wonderland is great, and I have really benefited from it.

New Romulus has me getting one tag a day solo, but I do get more with a group. Then I have to accumulate data, and that takes 4 days. So going to New Romulus every day for a week or so, and I can start an epohh. The thing of it is, I like doing other things. Just about any other thing. It still isn't a headache like radiation scanning!

I have not gotten a single epohh pup from New Romulus.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 33
12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
New Romulus, or Q's Winter Wonderland?

The winter wonderland is great, and I have really benefited from it.

New Romulus has me getting one tag a day solo, but I do get more with a group. Then I have to accumulate data, and that takes 4 days. So going to New Romulus every day for a week or so, and I can start an epohh. The thing of it is, I like doing other things. Just about any other thing. It still isn't a headache like radiation scanning!

I have not gotten a single epohh pup from New Romulus.
Q's winter wonderland or as I like to call it G'harghs 25 days of Q's grethor wonderland.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
I think one solution would be to make all marks "player choice." That way, you can run whatever missions you want and divert your marks to the appropriate rep system.

This would not require devs to update many missions - just change marks to "player choice."

For those who like STFs, they can get their marks that way. For those who enjoy Tau Dewa Patrols or Tholian missions or raising Epohh, that's still available. This sounds like "win/win" to me.
Ensign
# 35
09-11-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm sitting on 1,500 Romulan, and 1,100 Omega atm. I'd have more if it wasn't for the pure and simple fact that I bought the new set pieces that I could unlock and did ALL the store unlocks for both of em.

NCERT Maths Solutions
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-11-2013, 06:16 AM
I found just doing the Vault Ensnared & Azure Nebula Rescue space PvE each day adequate enough to progress through the Romulan rep system.
Community Moderator
# 37
09-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Thread moved to appropriate forum.

In the future, if anyone thinks a thread is "mis-filed" please feel free to send me a PM and I will happily move it.

Also for future reference, if you have a problem with something that someone has posted and you believe it is a violation of the rules DON'T respond with another post -- PM one of the Mods or open a ticket.

Thanks.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 38 Marks
10-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I do the three main Borg STF's on elite and I get a good number of omega marks each time. My problem is that I wish there was a quicker cool down instead of a hour on each. I try to stagger them out so when I get done with the third one I don't have a long cooldown left to start up again. Asfor the Romulan marks, I just do the tau dawa patrol and get what I can and leave it as that.

Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Very true, the space gear is not impressive at all to me, maybe to others. I just use the Reman shields MK XII and the Zero Point module. Thats it.

Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-08-2013, 06:47 AM
PVE-mine trap is about the best for Rom marks, if the team do well, you can net 70 marks.

Then also do Vault Ensnared & Azure Nebula Rescue and the marks start flying