Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Commander
The rare versions? I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?
Captain
# 2
10-08-2013, 01:33 PM
rares are just as good in space, and good enough on ground still, very rares aren't worth it.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Commander
# 3
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm refraining from spending my money trying to get a full set of SRO's, I figure they'll be nerfed and not stack anymore fairly soon.
Captain
# 4
10-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere View Post
The rare versions? I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?
Yes, but you're missing a very important thing: They are PURPLE.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-21-2013, 01:10 AM
purples are cooler, they get 1 more superior trait in ground, ig ot purple letheans instead of blue, I know they don't differ from eachother other than my purple having 2.5% more dmg/healing in ground abilities, but since I got money I can just buty the pretty one, why buy orion boffs when they suck? because they are pretty.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Captain
# 6
10-21-2013, 03:20 AM
Shhhhhh!!! Don't say anything or the exchange prices will go up!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-21-2013, 03:57 AM
All the cool kids have purple. Blues are so last season.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Commander
# 8
10-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere View Post
I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?
Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you use them for ground?

That's the point, I think. Purples with sro tend to have better ground traits than blues with sro. It's not a huge deal but if you've a blue and a purple available why not use the purple?
Career Officer
# 9
10-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you use them for ground?

That's the point, I think. Purples with sro tend to have better ground traits than blues with sro. It's not a huge deal but if you've a blue and a purple available why not use the purple?
WHAT?? Use a purple? They might get scuffed! And it means you took them out of their box!
Captain
# 10
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Because the demand is there?

Very Rare BOFFs tend to have much better traits all around. If all you are after are a specific trait, and a Rare BOFF has it, then it works just as well for your intended purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
I'm refraining from spending my money trying to get a full set of SRO's, I figure they'll be nerfed and not stack anymore fairly soon.
It has been almost 6 months since LOR hit. When do you think Cryptic will tweak that?