Ensign
So this kind of really annoys me and is really disappointing to me when half the team when the boss ship comes in during the Fleet Alert. Its incredibly unsatisfying when half the team leaves after the boss ship comes in and makes you lose. Now that the AFK problem is mostly fixed, I think that this one should be the next one fixed. Is there anyone out there that agrees with me?
Rihannsu
# 2
10-08-2013, 10:36 PM
It does seem rather odd that the mission doesn't give you a CD, but DOES give you rewards for bailing half-way through...
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 3
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Our fleet has adopted a policy to the members that we are not to leave this early just to farm it like others are doing. I cant count the number of times I see people bug out as siege wave spawns. Fortunately I usually have the firepower to do it on my own, but less geared ships would just have no chance.

Not only is it really cheap, but it screws over people trying to get their accolades done, and especially those who are lower level and looking for some xp out of the fight.

The fleetmarks shouldnt award during the waves, they should award in a box at the end like most other fleet actions do.

NWS is the only one I am aware of that also uses the wave by wave mark award mechanic, but in that one leaving early denies you something good.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 4
10-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Perhaps then scale it like NWS so those wanting fm are given the incentive to stay.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Have you even considered the possibility that the connection is dropping? That has been happening recently, you're playing, and then the "Disconnected from server" error pops up. That's not the player's fault, and the player doesn't get marks when that happens.
Captain
# 6
10-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg1usa View Post
Have you even considered the possibility that the connection is dropping? That has been happening recently, you're playing, and then the "Disconnected from server" error pops up. That's not the player's fault, and the player doesn't get marks when that happens.
No, that isnt it with many of these people. It is the same ones I see time and again, and ive even been invited to do it before.

Connection dropping might cover all of 2-3 out of 100 times someone leaves.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 7
10-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
No, that isnt it with many of these people. It is the same ones I see time and again, and ive even been invited to do it before.

Agreed - it's most Fleet Mark farmers presenting as the problem here.

Example - played one earlier; we got to the 'Dreadnought' stage and three players immediately warped out, leaving myself and a Commander-rank player in the freebie Ambassador. Didn't seem a lot of point in continuing.

You can't tell me that all three of those players ALL experienced dropped connections within seconds of each other.

It happens MUCH too frequently, and is the result of a flawed system that awards points following the completion of each wave, but sadly only awards five or six fleet marks for completion of the Dreadnought stage. This ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES players to warp out so that they miss the cooldown on the mission and can queue for another instance where they can repeat the process.

It really needs to be revised so it's like the STF's - namely, you only receive a reward if you complete the entire mission.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 10-09-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Captain
# 8
10-09-2013, 04:26 AM
drives me nuts when they do that. Sometimes I can complete it solo, but not always...

and no, it's not a connection issue. If you see starbase beside their logo, they're quitting. If they disconnect, there is no transition stage for them, they just disappear.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-09-2013, 05:31 AM
I don't think I noticed that before. I haven't ran fleet alert in a long time unless it was a group of friends.

To be honest I never considered that, but now that you bring it up I will probably bug out for the last wave......just kidding.

I have tried to get a team for fleet alert on the ESTF channel and never get many takers which surprises me.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Commander
# 10
10-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post

Some people use the method to farm Fleet Marks. It is very annoying and sometimes has cost us the match. I have been invited to participate in matches to use the farming method also.
Joined STO in September 2010.