Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 11
10-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Agreed - it's most Fleet Mark farmers presenting as the problem here.
Given that FM is the ONLY reason to play that silly thing, whatever behavior yields the best amount of FM (and frankly, it's pretty paltry), is the correct behavior.

Therefore, it is YOU that is doing it wrong. When you consider that sticking around gets you approximately 3 marks and a big fat ban for your efforts, it's easy to see why anyone with sense is leaving before they get hit with a banhammer for staying.

Of course, all of the people farming that stupid thing are wasting their time anyway, the yield is absolutely terrible, and they're letting whiners leech their pay.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,315
# 12
10-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Given that FM is the ONLY reason to play that silly thing, whatever behavior yields the best amount of FM (and frankly, it's pretty paltry), is the correct behavior.

Therefore, it is YOU that is doing it wrong. When you consider that sticking around gets you approximately 3 marks and a big fat ban for your efforts, it's easy to see why anyone with sense is leaving before they get hit with a banhammer for staying.

Of course, all of the people farming that stupid thing are wasting their time anyway, the yield is absolutely terrible, and they're letting whiners leech their pay.
Um, not to jump at you or anything, but there are members of the STO community, myself included, that are achiever archetype (look it up) and are seeking the accolades sets of bosses. Are you saying your gameplay is more valid than mine?

Well here is my retort:

The marks are just candy as far as I am concerned. I dont even need them.

Do not justify your behavior or that of someone else with some garbage about "its ok to do it cause its design is beneficial to this type of player"

Who cares if its only 3 marks for "gasp" another 2 minutes of effort. And its actually 5 marks, for the record. About 55-60 all told for the whole instance.

Oh and the other thing, if you need to exploit the no-cd timer on fleet alerts for marks, youre seriously doing it wrong. I get over 300 a day (yes every day) just from running my commendation missions. I always have 3, and sometimes 4, ready to run. (not even 1 minute of time spent)
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 10-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,303
# 13
10-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Um, not to jump at you or anything, but there are members of the STO community, myself included, that are achiever archetype (look it up) and are seeking the accolades sets of bosses. Are you saying your gameplay is more valid than mine?

Well here is my retort:

The marks are just candy as far as I am concerned. I dont even need them.

Do not justify your behavior or that of someone else with some garbage about "its ok to do it cause its design is beneficial to this type of player"

Who cares if its only 3 marks for "gasp" another 2 minutes of effort. And its actually 5 marks, for the record. About 55-60 all told for the whole instance.

Oh and the other thing, if you need to exploit the no-cd timer on fleet alerts for marks, youre seriously doing it wrong. I get over 300 a day (yes every day) just from running my commendation missions. I always have 3, and sometimes 4, ready to run. (not even 1 minute of time spent)
Agree with all of the above; and I'll add that I don't really get this 'bail to avoid the cooldown' attitude.

I always complete it, and the cooldown doesn't bother me - it's not like there isn't something else to do - an STF or another fleet action or something - whilst Fleet Alert is on cooldown.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
# 14
10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
I've Seen Countless times of this being done, and personally have NO problems with it. People here seem to disregard there are those out there that actually help out with the Named Siege Ship and THEN warp out. Heck, give THOSE people an extra 10 fleetmarks as far as I'm concerned. They don't HAVE to help out but they do (generally in my experience) and everybody gets their accoldaes.

This is NOT as big a deal as it's being made out to be. I kinda like buddies attitude there that everyone else is doing it wrong lol. But ya, I'll definately get flamed for that. Honestly who cares. It's a VIDEO GAME.

It's been said before, but i'll re-word it. If you LOSE the event, are you really gonna cry about 4 or 5 fleet marks? if you HAD intended on finishing it you'd have a 30 minute cooldown right? Makes no difference. There's probably lots of ppl that will leave at the end of wave 4 (ALSO only worth 4 or 5 marks). Heck, let's just all Beg Cryptic to let us gueue the event, sit there for that RIDICULOUS one minute "BRIEFING" crap, hell, i'll even watch the cutscene, and RIGHT THEN AND THERE recieve 47 - 53 fleetmarks so we can all leave.

There's a reason people try to find shortcuts in this game.
-Gold Pressed Latinum. (ok, who cares. it's a dead currency. how does a currency die?)
-Lobi Crystals. (I dunno. i'm not made of $$, and the amount of time required to grind dilithium to exchange to zen, or enough energy credits to buy enough keys to open enough lockboxes to get enough.... ya'know what.. I've had enough of Lobi. Keep your ferengi whip I don't need it.)
-Reputation system. OMFG!!!!! is 20 hours friggin necessary?
-Duty officer Reaching tier 4 in all areas (I think i'll be level 1 on Recruitment FOREVER)
-Starbases. (NUFF SAID)
-Energy Credits . (you CAN get them fast. but with everything going fleet who cares)
-Dilithium. (Have you EVER seen a mission reward REFINED? would it KILL them to ease up on the 8k limit by,,,, a LOT ?)

-And of course, Fleet Marks. One of the few things that yields a somewhat ALMOST decent amount of Fleet Credit. Heck, dilithium gets you like a 1:1 return? WTF? there's NO CAP on Fleetmarks of ANY KIND (YET) but friggin DILITHIUM gets you BOLLOCKS in return for contributing.

So to the Early Leavers I say Do it as MUCH AS YOU CAN, WHILE you still can. Because lord knows, When I work at my job full time for a thankless paycheque, all I REALLY care about is putting in just as much time and effort into my STO "game"..

Guess we can't call it a "game" cuz it's more like a second job...

Hey Cryptic! EASE UP on all the GRINDING crap in this game so that people don't start posts like this one ******** up a storm all because people are sick of cooldowns and grinding so they look for ways around it!

You've essentially killed the EC market once you release fleet tac consoles. Remember when you guys killed Gold Pressed Latinum? DERP! lol

Somewhere in all this mess is apparently a "GAME" where people have "FUN".
And yet all I see are countless forums with people complaining that they can't have fun because of one thing or another. Cryptic, can you turn this back into a GAME please?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,059
# 15
10-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Given that FM is the ONLY reason to play that silly thing, whatever behavior yields the best amount of FM (and frankly, it's pretty paltry), is the correct behavior.

Therefore, it is YOU that is doing it wrong. When you consider that sticking around gets you approximately 3 marks and a big fat ban for your efforts, it's easy to see why anyone with sense is leaving before they get hit with a banhammer for staying.

Of course, all of the people farming that stupid thing are wasting their time anyway, the yield is absolutely terrible, and they're letting whiners leech their pay.
It's one thing to setup a PRIVATE instance where you do that, but it's another thing altogether to do that in PUGs. Like Rylan and Reyan pointed out, people have a wide variety of reasons to play, and your behavior is destructive in a PUG.

@ Shoddy: I've said it before and I'll say it again, what else would you do if you weren't "grinding"? Whining about how you have nothing to do?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
# 16
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's one thing to setup a PRIVATE instance where you do that, but it's another thing altogether to do that in PUGs. Like Rylan and Reyan pointed out, people have a wide variety of reasons to play, and your behavior is destructive in a PUG.

@ Shoddy: I've said it before and I'll say it again, what else would you do if you weren't "grinding"? Whining about how you have nothing to do?
No, materials and marks and whatever else still need to be collected. My problem is the amount of time needed to get them. you either concentrate all your time on gathering as much of one commodity as you can, or get a very small amount of as MANY as you can. either way, the grinding required to get anywhere eats up so much time it doesn't leave enough time to play the other content and really enjoy the game. It's not the worst, but it's not the best it could be either. changes need to come in place so that more can be accomplished in a restricted timeframe. we can't all live in mommy & daddy's basement playing all day. some of us have real lives, so game time SHOULDN'T feel like a second job just to make significant progress. I've said my peace, many people agree, many don't. i just think it needed to be said. and if it's been said, it needs to be said again till cryptic listens and acts on it. I don't take "That's just how the game is" as a good answer.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,059
# 17
10-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoddyavenger View Post
No, materials and marks and whatever else still need to be collected. My problem is the amount of time needed to get them. you either concentrate all your time on gathering as much of one commodity as you can, or get a very small amount of as MANY as you can. either way, the grinding required to get anywhere eats up so much time it doesn't leave enough time to play the other content and really enjoy the game. It's not the worst, but it's not the best it could be either. changes need to come in place so that more can be accomplished in a restricted timeframe. we can't all live in mommy & daddy's basement playing all day. some of us have real lives, so game time SHOULDN'T feel like a second job just to make significant progress. I've said my peace, many people agree, many don't. i just think it needed to be said. and if it's been said, it needs to be said again till cryptic listens and acts on it. I don't take "That's just how the game is" as a good answer.
Yeah.... about that. Rep is optional. If you don't feel like it you don't have to. Unless you want the rewards.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 262
# 18
10-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoddyavenger View Post
I've Seen Countless times of this being done, and personally have NO problems with it. People here seem to disregard there are those out there that actually help out with the Named Siege Ship and THEN warp out. Heck, give THOSE people an extra 10 fleetmarks as far as I'm concerned. They don't HAVE to help out but they do (generally in my experience) and everybody gets their accoldaes.

This is NOT as big a deal as it's being made out to be. I kinda like buddies attitude there that everyone else is doing it wrong lol. But ya, I'll definately get flamed for that. Honestly who cares. It's a VIDEO GAME.

It's been said before, but i'll re-word it. If you LOSE the event, are you really gonna cry about 4 or 5 fleet marks? if you HAD intended on finishing it you'd have a 30 minute cooldown right? Makes no difference. There's probably lots of ppl that will leave at the end of wave 4 (ALSO only worth 4 or 5 marks). Heck, let's just all Beg Cryptic to let us gueue the event, sit there for that RIDICULOUS one minute "BRIEFING" crap, hell, i'll even watch the cutscene, and RIGHT THEN AND THERE recieve 47 - 53 fleetmarks so we can all leave.

There's a reason people try to find shortcuts in this game.
-Gold Pressed Latinum. (ok, who cares. it's a dead currency. how does a currency die?)
-Lobi Crystals. (I dunno. i'm not made of $$, and the amount of time required to grind dilithium to exchange to zen, or enough energy credits to buy enough keys to open enough lockboxes to get enough.... ya'know what.. I've had enough of Lobi. Keep your ferengi whip I don't need it.)
-Reputation system. OMFG!!!!! is 20 hours friggin necessary?
-Duty officer Reaching tier 4 in all areas (I think i'll be level 1 on Recruitment FOREVER)
-Starbases. (NUFF SAID)
-Energy Credits . (you CAN get them fast. but with everything going fleet who cares)
-Dilithium. (Have you EVER seen a mission reward REFINED? would it KILL them to ease up on the 8k limit by,,,, a LOT ?)

-And of course, Fleet Marks. One of the few things that yields a somewhat ALMOST decent amount of Fleet Credit. Heck, dilithium gets you like a 1:1 return? WTF? there's NO CAP on Fleetmarks of ANY KIND (YET) but friggin DILITHIUM gets you BOLLOCKS in return for contributing.

So to the Early Leavers I say Do it as MUCH AS YOU CAN, WHILE you still can. Because lord knows, When I work at my job full time for a thankless paycheque, all I REALLY care about is putting in just as much time and effort into my STO "game"..

Guess we can't call it a "game" cuz it's more like a second job...

Hey Cryptic! EASE UP on all the GRINDING crap in this game so that people don't start posts like this one ******** up a storm all because people are sick of cooldowns and grinding so they look for ways around it!

You've essentially killed the EC market once you release fleet tac consoles. Remember when you guys killed Gold Pressed Latinum? DERP! lol

Somewhere in all this mess is apparently a "GAME" where people have "FUN".
And yet all I see are countless forums with people complaining that they can't have fun because of one thing or another. Cryptic, can you turn this back into a GAME please?
Why is there no like button ?

And STO to a lot of people is all about time/reward ratio. There is no reason to ban yourself for 30 minutes by completing the event
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 19
10-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingspore View Post
So this kind of really annoys me and is really disappointing to me when half the team when the boss ship comes in during the Fleet Alert. Its incredibly unsatisfying when half the team leaves after the boss ship comes in and makes you lose. Now that the AFK problem is mostly fixed, I think that this one should be the next one fixed. Is there anyone out there that agrees with me?
I complained about this many times, Cryptic doesn't care.


There is one Klingon Fleet who does this regularly and its bad enough the Klingon Queues are empty, so this is a major reason why I stopped playing Fleet Events on the KDF. No point dealing with this frustration.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,059
# 20
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankokuneko View Post
Why is there no like button ?

And STO to a lot of people is all about time/reward ratio. There is no reason to ban yourself for 30 minutes by completing the event
Hopefully Cryptic does the smart thing and adds a leaver penalty for this. Maybe an hour...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM.