Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currenthellfire1 View Post
Bioware made its people work......
Keep on failing troll.

---

Thanks for the info Rekhan and welcome back from the Holidays, hope you enjoyed yours
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2010, 08:14 AM
This is a quote from the first page of the article:

Quote:
Star Trek Online has a pretty standard formula when it comes to PvE content. Episodes, as they've been dubbed, are just themed missions. I'm one of those terrible players that ignores the story entirely by default, and if that's you, you can easily navigate a mission without paying attention. For those who do read, there is a bit more depth there and lots of references to the lore.
Is the reviewer serious? Who plays an RPG and ignores the story? Just because there are other people playing online doesn't mean people should Zerg (for the record I don't like using that term) missions. RPG's are all about story.

That's like saying "who cares why we're here, just kill the red dots and you'll do fine."

Quote:
You fight a fun space battle, you beam somewhere and do a mini-dungeon, then you beam back and fight another space battle. Hail the Admiral, collect the reward instantly and start on another mission.
How about some character development for the Admirals? Admirals aren't just different looking avatars with the same dialogue. "Thanks for completing the mission, go to the next sector." Admirals are a big part of the game, if they aren't already developed this is something Cryptic should consider updating.

From what I've read in other reviews and even later in the same article, the game looks very promising. I just hope there's more to missions than kill-and-retrieve.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Um, it was the holidays. Any interviews that showed up over the holidays were answered before then. Anything that's not an interview was written by people who don't work here, and we can't control their holiday schedules.
To be honest, with the release only about a month away, I would have had the team working straight through the 'holidays' and made sure they got a good rest after the release showed us all just how much Cryptic was willing to throw into the pot in order to please and entertain those tens, or even hundreds of thousands of players Pre-Ordering right now.

We know you folks are human, but you decided to release a game just a month after a major string of yearly holidays, that's not our fault, so don't fault us for asking why you have been slow for two weeks of anything info related.

There is never, under any circumstances, reason for a MMO company to provide slow or poor communication to it's player base. Even if the news is bad, we expect to hear it first hand and as soon as possible. We pay the bills, so we expect some reasonable compensation since we can't even play the great looking game yet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I liked the three part article about the elements of the game in beta. The article was an honst and educated evaluation of STO. Some of the issues they brought up could easily be ironed out thruought the beta process so I'm not worried about that. I'd like to see his comments about the customization UI and space UI addressed before launch since they seem to be a very important part of game play.

Looking forward to the game. Plow on Cryptic! Make us proud!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorburn View Post
That's like saying "who cares why we're here, just kill the red dots and you'll do fine."
I actually like that, has a nice ring to it
Yes, a storyline does help the continued enjoyment of a game.
Although, running and gunning is fun too.

who cares why we're here, just kill the red dots and you'll do fine
Think I will adopt that in a sig if you don't mind