Lieutenant
# 2511
10-03-2013, 07:26 AM
I know people hate PUG'ing, but....for me, it always adds a challenge to the sometimes dull grind.

Anywho...one of you mentioned how asking for a heal for KANG, a player essentially healed himself.
Hate to say it, but I've done that a few times myself: Click on KANG (or at least think I clicked on the ship) and proceed to hit one of my heal options, only to find out that I didn't in fact click, so instead heal myself (Hate when that happens), but it does tend to happen with others also.
Any way, was in a CSE, that sadly was a bit of a Noob-fest.
Asked how everyone wanted to proceed with no response from anyone. So, decided to go right, with everyone except the Tac that went towards KANG.
Proceed to trap the first group of BoP's with Grav well, get them taken care of, then go for the bottom set of nan-probes.
Well...the other three were shooting the Cube. Yep, the Cube.
Type in that probes need to be taken out first. No response. They continue to shoot the cube.
So I try to take care of all the bottom nan-probes (not easy in a dps-less sci ship) when the wonderful red "FAILED" pop's up.
Didn't realize that the TAC that flew towards the KANG at the beginning was sitting on the other side of the map..
Oh well
Ensign
# 2512
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Here's a new one for me that is yet again in CSE.

We were going to do the mrrmll strategy, but there was a player in the team who decided to botch up the mission by popping the cubes BEFORE WE WERE READY. It gets even worse when he starts calling us noobs even though HE was the one who botched up the mission.

Edit:removed the name of the player who botched up the mission.

Last edited by sci321; 10-03-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2513
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't put in Player names: Name and Shame is against Forum Rules.

And yea, there will always be people like that. Best to just put them on your Ignore list and move on.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2514
10-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Any ICN failed optional, ever. Practically a training wheels STF, in which lazy people with an inability to read blow the easiest optional in the game.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Lt. Commander
# 2515
10-07-2013, 01:28 AM
KASE - PuG (as usual)
We got rid of the tac cube, I went right, the other 3 went left (1 AFK-er). As I happily finish with the second cube and go back to take the 3 probes that spawned from my gate, I notice that there is a probe through the portal....I did a facepalm and continued. The other 3 were ready just before I destroyed my portal. No need to say anything else....the AFK-er didn't move the entire match.

On the other hand, I PuG-ed HSE, and we're done in 7 minutes...strange considering that one of the scimitars went in the cubes with FAW....

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 10-07-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 2516
10-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Had an 'interesting' one yesterday, where some idiot in a Rainbow-beam Scimitar apparently thought that the best strategy for dealing with pretty much everything was to simply sit on top of it and shoot. No movement, no buffs - he just sat that making pretty colours with his beams, that actually did very little damage. other than exploding at the Borg spheres. His secondary 'strategy' seemed to be to charge his Thalaron generator, and then explode before it fired. I guess this IS actually fairly useful, since it leaves a massive Thalaron fart-cloud hanging about.

Still - not looking forward to later, when the Avenger class hits the Shipyard. I have NO dobut whatsoever that there will be numerous players who have read little or nothing about what they threw their money at and will take their new, shiny, (but badly set-up) ship into an STF and then cry about it not being as 'I win' as they expected it to be.
Always the same.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 2517
10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
That is an unfortunate effect of these "Super ships".
Had an interesting KASE the other day with 3 rainbow cruisers BFAW.
I had to suppress the urge to cloak and let them struggle on their own.
Captain
# 2518
10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Sometimes I feel like loading a rainbow build, with all directed energy consoles, show people how it's done. If you gotta rainbow, taste the rainbow, u gotta do it yourself.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 2519
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Had an 'interesting' one yesterday, where some idiot in a Rainbow-beam Scimitar apparently thought that the best strategy for dealing with pretty much everything was to simply sit on top of it and shoot. No movement, no buffs - he just sat that making pretty colours with his beams, that actually did very little damage. other than exploding at the Borg spheres. His secondary 'strategy' seemed to be to charge his Thalaron generator, and then explode before it fired. I guess this IS actually fairly useful, since it leaves a massive Thalaron fart-cloud hanging about.

Still - not looking forward to later, when the Avenger class hits the Shipyard. I have NO dobut whatsoever that there will be numerous players who have read little or nothing about what they threw their money at and will take their new, shiny, (but badly set-up) ship into an STF and then cry about it not being as 'I win' as they expected it to be.
Always the same.
I used to be like that. The former, not the crying about a ship not being the "I win" button. Took me awhile (and showing off my layout) to get me to realize that I was doing it all wrong. Now, I got some damage going on.

On-topic, I had one match spectacularly collapse on me before we could even kill the transformers. As usual, someone aggros the Spheres and causes them to keep spawning and spawning, leading to the entire team bailing by the time we get to the second transformer. Bad thing about this? This was on NORMAL.
Captain
# 2520
10-10-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm going to make my avenger a rainbow boat, anyone who whispers me I'm playing wrong will get a parsing of me outdoing them.

It will be epic
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree