Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
# 21
10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Sorry was a misquote Fixed it
Star Trek has always been about the Federation, any other Factions are just recurring characters or special guest stars
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,623
# 22
10-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Keep in mind that buying it in reverse costs you another 2,500 Zen. In the long run it's better to buy C-Store for 2,500 and Fleet for 1 Module then it is to buy Fleet for 4 Modules and then go back and buy C-Store for 2,500.
Believe me, I know that very well.
But here's the thing - I very very very rarely use the same ships on miscellaneous characters. I only do this with the B'rel and Bortasqu' so far. That's my fun in having multiple chars. - having different ships with different roles.

So economically speaking, you're right if I consider using the Avenger on multiple chars. But since I'll probably be using her on 1 char, it's 1000 Zen cheaper for me if I go for the fleet one. That's because I'm planing on using and outfiting her in a way that will make 90% of the players here go "whaaaat?". So at the moment I think a VATA would be a waste of console space.
However, like I said, I will get feedback on it before I get one and if people I trust say the VATA is a good adition in game, I'll get the C-Store one first.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 23
10-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The incredible new Avenger Class Battle Cruiser is now available in the C-Store!


Learn more about it, and its Fleet counterpart, in this Dev Blog.
Just one question:
Is Cryptics going to create additional ship parts for the Avenger?
(i mean definitley, not like the promised Odyssey ship parts we never got)

I ask this because this is really the ugliest design Cryptic has ever made, which means a lot...

### Cheers ###

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,590
# 24
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Believe me, I know that very well.
But here's the thing - I very very very rarely use the same ships on miscellaneous characters. I only do this with the B'rel and Bortasqu' so far. That's my fun in having multiple chars. - having different ships with different roles.

So economically speaking, you're right if I consider using the Avenger on multiple chars. But since I'll probably be using her on 1 char, it's 1000 Zen cheaper for me if I go for the fleet one. That's because I'm planing on using and outfiting her in a way that will make 90% of the players here go "whaaaat?". So at the moment I think a VATA would be a waste of console space.
However, like I said, I will get feedback on it before I get one and if people I trust say the VATA is a good adition in game, I'll get the C-Store one first.
Plus if you're someone either with a ton of EC (or have no issues generating EC via Exchange item sales); you can pick up the Fleet version without spending a single Zen yourself.

(Although Fleet Module prices on the Exchange will probably rise quite a bit for the next few days.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
# 25
10-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Just one question:
Is Cryptics going to create additional ship parts for the Avenger?
(i mean definitley, not like the promised Odyssey ship parts we never got)

I ask this because this is really the ugliest design Cryptic has ever made, which means a lot...

### Cheers ###
Regarding the bolded part, that's just your opinion, and is in no way a fact at all. Just because you don't like the look of it, that doesn't mean that it's the ugliest design.

Personally, I love the look of the Avenger. It looks awesome and it looks mean.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 26 A ship thats worth it
10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
At last a bc class ship for the feds, bought it, and love it :-D
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,623
# 27
10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
*Disclaimer* - Entirely subjective opinion following:

Just wanted to leave this here, and Brandon please don't get me wrong, but all the pics you posted in the blogs these past few days didn't do the ship justice, IMHO.

It's certainly is a kinda' ugly robust design and that probably was the point, but after seeing it in game today I must say I was somewhat pleasantly suprised. It actually doesn't look half as bad as the first impression I got. After looking at her from all the possible angles for some hour now , I find it different, but acceptable.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 473
# 28
10-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I can't believe how small the Avenger is, I thought it would be on a similar size to a Sovereign AT LEAST if not a big bigger. It's supposed to be intimidating and scare the **** out of it's enemies. Right now an Avenger is just about the same length as a warp nacelle on my Reagent. If I were a Klingon Captain I'd laugh at this thing before smashing it to pieces.

Am I alone here, do you think it's just too small?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 29
10-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
I can't believe how small the Avenger is, I thought it would be on a similar size to a Sovereign AT LEAST if not a big bigger. It's supposed to be intimidating and scare the **** out of it's enemies. Right now an Avenger is just about the same length as a warp nacelle on my Reagent. If I were a Klingon Captain I'd laugh at this thing before smashing it to pieces.

Am I alone here, do you think it's just too small?
The Avenger's the same basic size of the Excelsior - which is why it has a good Turn and Inertia. In the Federation bigger means slower.

And I don't think it's easy to smash to pieces by anyone.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 30
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
My compliments to JamJamz on the new starship achievement. I sure wish the ground game could get something this exciting, but that's a different thread. Visually, it was very hard to find something that was attractive on the Avenger (especially when viewing its profile), but I did love the look of the beam arrays. They match the look John Eaves went with for the Sovereign class. Can you please retrofit all Fed ship skins to have these updated arrays? The current ones on most ship skins look like thin lines of black molded glue.

Even though much of what CaptGeko comes up with these days makes me frustratingly cynical, he pulled a nice bit of awesome for this ship stat-wise. Kudos on that. Unfortunately, in spite of the new cruiser commands, the Avenger may end up killing whatever attraction in past cruisers was left, including the flagship Odyssey.

Still, congrats on finding a clever workaround with the limitations of your Trek license. If Kestrel ever gets the idea of putting in a lunatic Starfleet admiral flying an Avenger into a future STO mission, don't hesitate to give Peter Weller a call. ;-)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 PM.