Starfleet Veteran
I want to buy the Avenger Battle Cruiser.

But the problem is, I tend to switch BOFFs depending on the action I'm engaged in. CCE is no exception, and on my Odyssey, I have a BOFF that runs Tachyon Beam, Energy Syphon, and Tyken's Rift. I would potentially lose a slot for a Science BOFF to favour a less universal loadout, but I have one question before I buy.

Does the Tachyon V.A.T.A. debuff the Crystalline Entity's "Crystallise" buff?
Captain
# 2
10-11-2013, 10:30 AM
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=999581

Doesn't seem like it, since the entity doesn't have shields. I think the most efficient way to use VATA against the entity is to stay in shield modulation most of the time, switch the active cruiser command to Weapon Efficiency when VATA comes out of cooldown, fire VATA, then go back to shield modulation ASAP.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=999581

Doesn't seem like it, since the entity doesn't have shields. I think the most efficient way to use VATA against the entity is to stay in shield modulation most of the time, switch the active cruiser command to Weapon Efficiency when VATA comes out of cooldown, fire VATA, then go back to shield modulation ASAP.
Agreed - the Quantum projectiles do some nice damage to it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
# 4
10-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Does the Tachyon V.A.T.A. debuff the Crystalline Entity's "Crystallise" buff?
Just tested it, fired three salvos of VATAs and the Tachyon Beams didn't debuff the CE.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.