Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF BOP 3 PACK !! Cha- Ching!
10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Ok, the time has come for the KDF to stand up... there's a massive ship gap in game between KDF and Feds/Roms (Yes KDF have access to Rom's... but sssssh!)

I've long thought on a 5-2 BOP. its a no brainer. C'mon deep down in our hearts well all know in cannon we all love klingons because of BOPS.

(Actually I lie Bop 3 Pack ain't my idea... original idea + consoles below... but make it 5-2/6-1!!)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=561371

A 5-2/6-1, 4 tac console BOP solves so many gaps in one stroke.... makes them... UNIQUE. The full universal BOP layout is the KDF's only THING left, that thing that makes them special... Or feel free to go 6-1 if you want to make them even more unique ( I'm overreaching)

I remember back when the vesta 3 pack came out, followed by the andorian 3 pack. People screaming for a KDF equivalent. Now with Rom's the screaming is even louder as KDF don't have battlecloak as their thing anymore...Avenger has arrived... Battlecruisers aren't their thing... KDF have no thing!! They need a thing!!

Solution....

BOP 3 PACK!! Problem Solved...! Might I recommend the Heg'tah Model as a base, beef it up a little (or not Looks badass as is, and looks like it has extra hardpoints for a 5-2/6-1 setup... wink wink...) its a great looking model for such a BOP, HEAVY HEG'TAH! See name and all for you...

Lower hull balances the uni slots as ever... being able to get uber creative with builds from the uni's covers all the bases and now glaring gaps with other factions.... in one stroke! Amazing! I'm not going to ramble on details of the consoles for each type in the 3 pack ill leave that to the boffins at cryptic to work out and get funky with.

But the idea is sound...

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT... IT'LL SELL LIKE HOT CAKES...! and how doesnt like hot cakes/cash cows....

then you can go back to ignoring the KDF in peace and quiet having placated the masses.... Boom! Winning!

Throw a Targ a bone...

www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!

Last edited by wildchild8; 10-10-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Captain
# 2
10-10-2013, 09:05 PM
+1

Come on Cryptic do the right thing for a change and support Klink players.
Captain
# 3
10-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild8 View Post
KDF have no thing!! They need a thing!!
Pretty sure complaining on the forums is their thing.
Captain
# 4
10-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Cryptic has already stated that they take a loss on any KDF content they create.
Captain
# 5
10-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I have a character in every faction, so I'll gladly support this.
Career Officer
# 6
10-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Cryptic has already stated that they take a loss on any KDF content they create.
maybe true

but they are doing nothing to make kdf more interessting

i mean they gave the roms all those nice traits and the sing core stuff to play around with and well a really good story part and voila everyone made at least one rom and despite the fact that they introduced them not as a real faction and that a lot of ppl complained about them not being like the roms in say tng it seems like LoR was a good success for them

i really dont see a problem in making some nice space traits and say 2-3 nice ships / doffs only available for (non-rom) kdf and thus giving everyone much more of an incentive to play kdf instead of what they are doing as in just giving all kdf stuff like pl to everyone else and letting kdf endgame lay waste.. all they tried was a new tutorial but no shinys
Ensign
# 7
10-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Give it up, klinks. You are just not profitable enough. And I agree, complaining in the Forum is your thing.
Captain
# 8
10-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Question: if there existed a ship with BoP mobility, all universal boffs, and battle cloak, plus a 5-2 layout, why would anyone use any existing BoP, Raptor, or Nausicaan destroyer ever again?
Captain
# 9
10-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Actually, I think all they've actually said is that they released a ship recently (recently at the time of that statement) that didn't sell well. People generally assume it was the Bortas'qu 3-pack, and have thoroughly argued the reasons why it wouldn't sell well to the KDF.

I don't think Cryptic has ever said 'we take a loss on any KDF content' or anything along those lines. All we may divine here is that if Cryptic releases ships that the KDF faction doesn't friggin want, they won't sell as well.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Captain
# 10
10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole profitability thing was based on the sales of the Bortasqu, which, to be frank, was exactly what the KDF did not need at the time.

Release a new C-store BoP or Raptor, or even a Battlecruiser that doesn't fly like the Voquv, and sales figures would probably turn out a lot different.

Also: reginamala78, if you're arguing for those ship lines to be buffed, fixed or fleet-versioned, respectively, I'm all for that as well.