Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 8 Dev Blog #4
10-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Art Lead Jeremy Mattson shares details about the process behind designing the Voth in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm just gonna say it. Voth Boff/Doff. I want them. Howsabout one as a FE reward on top of that new carrier, or the last mission in the episode series?

Also, I want that silvery armor on the left in the first picture. And either the T rex or the Mech as a combat pet. Or both. Please make at least one not a consumable. The other can be a fleet reinforcement or something. Or from the rep system. You've got a trillion different ways to make it work, I believe in you, devs.

Edit: FIRST! ....Also, since when are we able to comment on dev blogs again?

Last edited by killdozer9211; 10-11-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Captain
# 3
10-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Lol them concept images are very silly lookin with them in robot suits, just like tholians look silly in their armor suits. I highly doubt star trek would have them look like that imo. Especially voth, they looked like they wouldnt need it also they have far better tech to never need it to be honest.

Still the normal lookin voth image looked ok, u got the faces right at least. Tho the left voth looked a bit over dressed.

Killdozen, i reckon they will have a voth doff at some point possibly when the voth lock box comes and u just know they will do it. Dont think voth doffs would in canon work like due to them despising humans cos of the history of the voth but well it wont stop cryptic will it.

I still reckon cryptic has gona nuts with having the voth as the bad guys, they should be neutral and instead have a story arc maybe going to talk with em and open diplomacy or somit if starfleet ever did do somit. I always felt the voth were reasonable apart from that women one.

Also.

This sounds reasonably inteligent to me.

"The Voth in "Distant Origin" (Star Trek: Voyager, Ep 3?23) are portrayed as highly evolved scientists, and we wondered whether or not they would even have a military."

Then we have this which i am displeased with, because they treat star trek as a game instead of a realistic representation of the show we all love.

"In the end, we decided that it would be in the game?s best interest to design the Voth in the Sphere as a technologically advanced group of soldiers. We talked about everything from mechs and dinosaurs to flying creatures and super soldiers. At one point our Lead Designer, CaptainGeko, said, ?all I want is dinosaurs with frickin? laser beams on their heads!?

They just ruin it for the rest of us that like to keep things the way the shows had em and not just make stuff up for "games sake".

If i wanted a fantasy game with flying monsters and dinos with lasers on their heads i would play WoW or some crap. Sto is suppose to be for the mature sci fi based players. Least thats how i see it. Im sure others that dont care as much will soon point that out below.

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 10-11-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Sound great though I think I would have enjoyed making the dinos a little more alien with some bio-luminescence or something. I look forward to blowing the lasers off these dino's heads.
# 5
10-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
...concept images...
These are actually in-game shots that were rendered and then added to backdrops for the presentation of this blog

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 6
10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh I second the demand for a Voth crew mate. Not the humanoids though, I want a raptor as my security officer!
# 7
10-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
Also, since when are we able to comment on dev blogs again?
You just did Comments and feedback about blogs and news posts will live in a forum thread that's linked at the bottom of each.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Rihannsu
# 8
10-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Chances for a Dinosaur combat pet?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 9
10-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Why am I getting a "Mass Effect" vibe from those screenshots (costumes)
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 10
10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
We... we're gonna do ground combat against mech suits? And dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads?

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 10-11-2013 at 01:29 PM.