Rihannsu
# 101
10-11-2013, 03:52 PM
You know, with the rep this game has, you guys should really be more careful about how you phrase things. Austin Power's quotes aren't going to be taken well with the trekie players.

Personally, I don't care. I mean, I've got "federation" officers flying around on a Tholian carrier (thought I have to thank Cryptic for the miner costume option, realy fit in with my backstory for that one), I have liberated borg left and right, I even have my best attempt at a Silurian (Madam Vastra quasi clone for the Dr Who fans, and yes she has a "Jenny" and a "Strax") who I am fully intending to gear up as a Voth fighter. Because Silurian's were there first, gosh darn it.

So yeah, bring it on, my enjoyment of Star Trek isn't ruined by this. And I'm hoping for pilotable mech and Voth BOFFs as well.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 102
10-11-2013, 03:56 PM
And a recent study/survey of over 10,000 women: 90% believed that men don't stop being children - EVER!! 100% believed that they act like children at least several times per month!
Captain
# 103
10-11-2013, 04:01 PM
All is forgiven. This is the best.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 104
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
I tihnk you have never watched the documentary on Gene, made by his son, trust me when I say, he would have been angry with the new films and this game, would never have been made like this. If he was still around...

Gene had a vision of the future, he saw mankind on a different level then we are today....

Friggen T-Rex with laser beams was not one of them...
I watched it. Good watch. But Eugene Roddenberry said NOTHING like that about his father. Not about the new films, and certainly not about this game. In fact, it was discussed about how Gene actually wanted something like the new Star Trek movies, and that Abrams was actually trying to honor that wish. And he didn't say anything that even hinted that he didn't want dinosaurs in Star Trek. Not even in the least.

Watch it again, this time with unbiased eyes.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Join the PriorityOne fleet today! Also, follow me on Twitter!
Career Officer
# 105
10-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Dino pets. Give. Now.

...Just after some sort of 4-year overdue update to PvP.
Lieutenant
# 106
10-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Love everything I'm seeing, EXCEPT... The dinoborgs have pronated wrists. Bad Artists, BAD!!!
Theropods lacked the range of motion to point their manus (hands) "Palm back/down" Their wrist bones lock their manus so the palms face inward toward each other, like they're about to clap.
Now take my damned money and give me a Quetzalcoatlus or Hatzegopteryx with disruptor dhc's and a torpedo launcher to fly in atmospheric events!
Career Officer
# 107
<=== 15 year old 50-somethig.

Never gonna grow up.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.
Republic Veteran
# 108
Cryptic. . . . can I have a T-Rex with laser beams and a jet pack? Please? I wanna ride it around squishing people on ESD while waving the Romulan banner and shouting out Romulan philosophy. Please?

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Starfleet Veteran
# 109
10-11-2013, 04:10 PM
So, Reminds me of This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post
Cryptic. . . . can I have a T-Rex with laser beams and a jet pack? Please? I wanna ride it around squishing people on ESD while waving the Romulan banner and shouting out Romulan philosophy. Please?
I'm under the impression that the Disco Ball Dev is still unterminated. This person would be the one to appeal to for such an addition.
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
10-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
I watched it. Good watch. But Eugene Roddenberry said NOTHING like that about his father. Not about the new films, and certainly not about this game. In fact, it was discussed about how Gene actually wanted something like the new Star Trek movies, and that Abrams was actually trying to honor that wish. And he didn't say anything that even hinted that he didn't want dinosaurs in Star Trek. Not even in the least.

Watch it again, this time with unbiased eyes.
Exactly, well said

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010