Captain
# 1 Countermeasure Systems skill
10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Star...easure_Systems

Why does this T5 skill only buff jam sensors and scramble sensors? You can put the same points into the T5 Subspace Decompiler skill and buff a dozen things... What is the point here?

I mean, shouldnt it at least modify the duration of Subvert Targeting Array (KHG shield) and the Sensor Target Assault (Romulan Rep T4 passive)? I know they are hated, but shouldnt it modify the duration (unskilled=short, highly-skilled=long)? I can find no evidence for it in the infocards or anything.

Makes no sense?
Captain
# 2
10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
"including but not limited to..."

But it is curious, I've never noticed any other tooltips change if you slot CMS consoles, eh?

Is it a case that it is actually limited to those or do the tooltips for other things not display correctly?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 3
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I have tried to find other things that it buffs and come up with nothing. Even checked the rep stuff, nothing.

edit 1: Antimatter Spread console maybe?

edit 2: confirmed AMS modified by countermeasure skill

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 10-11-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Captain
# 4
10-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I have tried to find other things that it buffs and come up with nothing. Even checked the rep stuff, nothing.

edit: Antimatter Spread console maybe?
You know what's funny.. I've never once spec'd that field except years ago when I first started and thought it sounded logical. Still to this day I never spec for it and its probably because my peers never lead me to do so and given your post I finally have a reason to feel lucky not to have bothered.

Nice eye on the issue though. My curiosity stands unfulfilled so I'd like to know if you're able to measure any considerable notes of interest if you go down that rabbit hole.