Cryptic Studios Team
# 61
10-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone,

Fantastic feedback so far. It's given me a good idea where to track down the bugs and get everything working smoothly on our end.

A few people have asked for tweaks to the story. I will go over some ideas with the leads and see if there is any wiggle room. No promises though, we might be story locked at this point.

We have the time to fix the graphical issues with the environments (the bloom on the bridge, doors clipping through walls, etc.), but wholesale 'change the bridge'-style feedback is simply beyond the scope of where we are at.

The cutscenes are still being worked on, animations being changed, and of course we can't get final timing until we get the voice files back from the audio department. That goes for some of the tooltips too.

If there are any tooltips you THINK should be in here, let me know ASAP, and also where you would put them. Keep in mind we can't throw a ton of game mechanics at the player in a row, or they'll never remember all of them. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks for your feedback,

STODecker
Commander
# 62
10-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodecker View Post
We have the time to fix the graphical issues with the environments (the bloom on the bridge, doors clipping through walls, etc.), but wholesale 'change the bridge'-style feedback is simply beyond the scope of where we are at.
While fixing the doors, make sure they are of the smaller model as seen on Earth Spacedock, and not the gigantic pre-refit ESD, or the current middle-sized half-rendered style on the new bridge/interiors.

Consoles would be nice if they employed a new LCARS style (or more traditional LCARS style), as well as proper LCARS "Red Alert" styling. At current, all you've done is taking the standard "Red Alert" warning and slapped it onto every console display on the bridge. Looks quite bad.

Are the interiors of the ship indicative of what we might expect for a future new "player ship interior" ?
Career Officer
# 63
10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Can You please set the Team Mode OFF, on the Vega Colony Ground mode of the mission.

I got teamed with Four other players and didn't get to read what the NPC's were saying or kill the BORG.

When that many players are vying for the same goals it's difficult to achieve a sense of accomplishment.

Especially for first time players.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Ensign
# 64
10-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodecker View Post
Hey everyone,

Fantastic feedback so far. It's given me a good idea where to track down the bugs and get everything working smoothly on our end.

A few people have asked for tweaks to the story. I will go over some ideas with the leads and see if there is any wiggle room. No promises though, we might be story locked at this point.

The cutscenes are still being worked on, animations being changed, and of course we can't get final timing until we get the voice files back from the audio department. That goes for some of the tooltips too.

If there are any tooltips you THINK should be in here, let me know ASAP, and also where you would put them. Keep in mind we can't throw a ton of game mechanics at the player in a row, or they'll never remember all of them. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks for your feedback,

STODecker
Some Ponits:

1. The Tutorial isn't good for Teamplay. I've used to play it with an friend, but there was no way. Alone no problems, but together catastrphe.

2. I hope that the normal Starfleet-Acadamy-Map would be changed with the Map from the new Tutorial. I would visit the new Room from Captain Taggert as Captain. And the Shuttlebay on Acadamy is fantastic. It would be great, when I can fly with shuttle to ESD, like in the Tutorial. PLease do it

3. The Tooltipps are Great

4. The Part with the U.S.S. Renown an U.S.S. Kithomer is nice, but one thing is stupid. I destroy with an Miranda-class an little probe, but the Big Thyphoon- and Sovereign-Class has some Problems with 2 little Probes? Strange

Good Work.
Republic Veteran
# 65
10-12-2013, 11:01 AM
My Impressions of the new Fed Tutorial:

Fed Tac Bajoran Male

Like that we are placed in the Academy uniform.

Captain Taggart's office at the academy seems strange with how the windows are, it feels disconnected, don't know if its possible to make them transparent on the inside so you can actually see out them, and the doors leading in aren't properly embedded in the walls. The doors also are labeled Deck F and don't match the cosmetic doors in the building. When Lt ferra refers to the office being behind him its not clear what side its on either.

The Cutscene on the ship when you start the rescue operation has the transporter operator half in the floor.

The Armory has two NPC waiting for me to unlock it, but the door is being held open by their presence.

The Cutscene for the hull breach seems to last a long time for what it is, is there supposed to be more going on there?

And it looks like all the Klingons aren't loading into the map, On Training Cruise Klingon Marauders, Repel Klingon Borders I am stuck at 71%. I went AFK to do something and they respawned and I was able to move forward.

for Breach the Door, the door was open, and I wasn't prompted to breach it until I passed it, at which point I phasered the floor.

Reached the bridge, saw a Klingon take off with Captain Taggart, and have the mission Training Cruise, Defeat the Klingon Boarders, but there are no Klingons, so now I'm officially stuck.
Empire Veteran
# 66
10-12-2013, 11:08 AM
i guess all that emergency medical hologram VO from JJ trek is just canned then, seems like a waste. though repelling the klingons was a lot more fun then being aboard the khitamer.

also, vega REALLY needs to be your own instance. up intil that point you really felt isolated and alone agienst the galaxys worst, then suddenly theres some guy theres some other cadet there too thats thrust into a crazy situation? you couldn't get a message out, no one else could have shown up to help.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 67
10-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I like what was done with the new tutorial, Flows much better then the old one.
I also had no problem at all to finish it.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 68
10-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, I tried again with an alien science officer, and I got stuck at exactly the same place. I enter the bridge, watch the captain get kidnapped, then I need to defeat the Klingons, and there are no Klingons to fight.

And, of course, the last few Klingons in the transporter room took a very long time to appear.
Career Officer
# 69
10-12-2013, 12:10 PM
anyway we can have the small interior doors instead of big ones?

and ya i can't complete the tutorial

Last edited by raythilo2345; 10-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 70
10-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Is the tutorial planned to be part of Season 8 or will it launch before? I'm holding off making a new Fed character just so I can go through it with them.
---------------------
DeltaFox