Captain
# 271
10-13-2013, 06:44 AM
It's utterly hilarious how worked up some fans are getting.

Oh noes, cyber-dinos! Trek is ruined!

Seriously, it's not hard to see why CBS doesn't want a new Trek series made given it's fans.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Empire Veteran
# 272
10-13-2013, 06:58 AM
Average STO forum user logic.

Cryptic adds things from Star Trek. The following happens.

"OMG THIS ISN'T STAR TREK ANYMORE."
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 273
10-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
Well I quite like what I'm hearing about the new Season. The holding certainly looks promising.

What worries me a bit are the Dinosaurs. Seriously? T-Rex's with lasers? Are we going Saurian Tales Online now? Dino Trek? Turok Space Edition? While it might seem like a cool idea in the first place please don't turn this game into Jurassic Park. I guess there's no chance of getting rid of them anymore but please just don't overdo it then. Thank you.

Having said that, can someone please edit the Voyager trailer and put the Jurassic Park music into it? I'd say that would be an appropriate intro for Season 8

Edit: Not complaing about the Voth here, just about their little back yard "pets".
So.... you don't want Star Trek added into Star Trek? They may as well not add any content then, all of it's Star Trek. That would conflict with the community desires.....
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 274
10-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
It's utterly hilarious how worked up some fans are getting.

Oh noes, cyber-dinos! Trek is ruined!

Seriously, it's not hard to see why CBS doesn't want a new Trek series made given it's fans.
Whats the funniest part is i openly admitted that this was a troll thread to induce nerd rage and some entertainment for me of course.

and even after that? they continue to rage
Career Officer
# 275
10-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Average STO forum user logic.

Cryptic adds things from Star Trek. The following happens.

"OMG THIS ISN'T STAR TREK ANYMORE."
I am so stealing this for my sig!!!
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
# 276
10-13-2013, 08:32 AM
The logic of those defending the garbage in Season 8 goes something like:

"We had a couple of weird episodes so that means we can have anything we want in Star Trek. MOAR Cartoon now!"

If you can't understand why riding dinosaurs with lasers on their heads is not Star Trek then you will never understand and it is pointless to try to argue against you. I still hope that there is a serious developer out there looking to build a Trek a game so the fans of the series have an alternative.
Career Officer
# 277
10-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
The logic of those defending the garbage in Season 8 goes something like:

"We had a couple of weird episodes so that means we can have anything we want in Star Trek. MOAR Cartoon now!"

If you can't understand why riding dinosaurs with lasers on their heads is not Star Trek then you will never understand and it is pointless to try to argue against you. I still hope that there is a serious developer out there looking to build a Trek a game so the fans of the series have an alternative.
If ~500 Episodes with long-living green blooded Space-Elves equals a couple of weird episodes ... then yes that's the logic ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 10-13-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Captain
# 278
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
If ~500 Episodes with long-living green blooded Space-Elves equals a couple of weird episodes ... then yes that's the logic ...
Except it was never about space elves ... btw budgets in 60s in show restricted character makeup. But you missed the point of the series. Here is a preview of season 9 for you ... enjoy

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CFYQ9QEwBg
Career Officer
# 279
10-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Except it was never about space elves ... btw budgets in 60s in show restricted character makeup. But you missed the point of the series. Here is a preview of season 9 for you ... enjoy

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CFYQ9QEwBg
Sooo 40 years of ST was never about Space-Elves, but Season 8 is gonna be about that one Screenshot you've seen ... would love to show you some Pics of Space-Elves in 1965

Last edited by thutmosis85; 10-13-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Captain
# 280
10-13-2013, 08:56 AM
I just hope the next recurring obscure alien ISN'T TRYING TO KILL US ALL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.