Captain
# 31
10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
So, I decided to look at EC values listed on an item...

Deflector Array Standard Issue-S: 1250
Deflector Array Mk I Common: 2500
Deflector Array Mk II Common: 5000
Deflector Array Mk III Common: 10000
Deflector Array Mk IV Common: 15000
Deflector Array Mk V Common: 20000
Deflector Array Mk VI Common: 25000
Deflector Array Mk VII Common: 30000
Deflector Array Mk VIII Common: 35000
Deflector Array Mk IX Common: 40000
Deflector Array Mk X Common: 45000
Deflector Array Mk XI Common: 50000
Deflector Array Mk XII Common: 55000

Deflector Array Mk I Uncommon: 3325
Deflector Array Mk II Uncommon: 6650
Deflector Array Mk III Uncommon: 13300
Deflector Array Mk IV Uncommon: 19950
Deflector Array Mk V Uncommon: 26600
Deflector Array Mk VI Uncommon: 33250
Deflector Array Mk VII Uncommon: 39900
Deflector Array Mk VIIII Uncommon: 46550
Deflector Array Mk IX Uncommon: 53200
Deflector Array Mk X Uncommon: 59850
Deflector Array Mk XI Uncommon: 66500
Deflector Array Mk XII Uncommon: 73150

Deflector Array Mk I Rare: N/A
Deflector Array Mk II Rare: 8300
Deflector Array Mk III Rare: 16600
Deflector Array Mk IV Rare: 24900
Deflector Array Mk V Rare: 33200
Deflector Array Mk VI Rare: 41500
Deflector Array Mk VII Rare: 49800
Deflector Array Mk VIIII Rare: 58100
Deflector Array Mk IX Rare: 66400
Deflector Array Mk X Rare: 74700
Deflector Array Mk XI Rare: 83000
Deflector Array Mk XII Rare: 91300

Deflector Array Mk I Very Rare: N/A
Deflector Array Mk II Very Rare: N/A
Deflector Array Mk III Very Rare: 20000
Deflector Array Mk IV Very Rare: 30000
Deflector Array Mk V Very Rare: 40000
Deflector Array Mk VI Very Rare: 50000
Deflector Array Mk VII Very Rare: 60000
Deflector Array Mk VIIII Very Rare: 70000
Deflector Array Mk IX Very Rare: 80000
Deflector Array Mk X Very Rare: 90000
Deflector Array Mk XI Very Rare: 100000
Deflector Array Mk XII Very Rare: 110000

So from an EC making (vendor - not player) point of view...where the different vendors pay out at different amounts (all of them having the pawn shop mentality of teehee ripping you off)...the following would be the base values before they reduce them:

Common Mk XII - 55000
Mk X Uncommon - 59850 (+4850 for a Green X vs. White XII)
Mk X Rare - 74700 (+19700 for a Blue X vs. White XII)
Mk X Very Rare - 90000 (+35000 for a Purple X vs. White XII)

Heck, even the following...

Mk VIIII Rare - 58100 (+3100 for a Blue VIII vs. White XII)
Mk VII Very Rare - 60000 (+5000 for a Purple VII vs. White XII)

With the Loot dropping in the Common Mk X to the extremely rare Very Rare Mk XII - with the deflectors at least, one's looking at a 45k-110k range. Bumping that to a min of Mk XI Common @50k, would only be a bump of +5k at the low range. Thing is, excluding the Mk XI Rare and Very Rare would remove chunks that in the end would likely result in a net loss, no?

Mk X VR at 90000...do you think Cryptic would give the Mk XII Rare at 91300 or the Mk XI Rare at 83000?

Yes, it's true - it's not just about vendor trash - there are the big ticket items on the Exchange that are extremely rare to come by...changing the minimum Mk wouldn't change that...

...so wouldn't we again be looking at having less EC than previously?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 32
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
...so wouldn't we again be looking at having less EC than previously?
It's not necessarily the EC value that's bothering some of us, it's the idea behind it. It's more along the lines of "I am level 50. Why is there level 40 gear being dropped/handed out as loot?".

It's for the sake of propriety.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 33
10-11-2013, 03:40 PM
To me there is no mystery why it's dropping said gear. Albeit I believe level appropriate should be an honored scale of drop, I refer to some of the standing mechanics which are indicative of level 60. For the life of me I can't seem to remember exactly where it insinuates progression right now.

To me it's a backburner revamp they've kept in the background until they have a working progression of tier. I think it's all built off the premise that everything has gotten layer caked with higher skill level from the player along with their respective gear and we're just all feeling that.

I think it'll change, surely but like most things in this game it's a waiting game. Like how long it took them to revisit GW and TR. Even the shield heal hangar pets in the other thread was from numerous months ago. I could choose to say, ridiculous there have been at least what?,.. 12-16 updates since April where the dev chimed in and acknowledged the issue. OR.. I could view it as dev's have a work itinerary handed to them every season. Finishing that work would obviously come first and whatever they can get into QA beyond that is an extra.

From what I've seen some of those itineraries have been pure bug fixes. So when it comes to loot, it's probably one of those 'big things' rather than a 'tuck it into the other stuff' kinda thing.
Commander
# 34
10-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Personally, I think the rewards in Ker'rat are too high
They vary from Mk XI to Mk XII, I wouldn't say that's too high, I think all elite PVE should be giving XI-XII

Quote:
Good chance of Mk XII would require having sufficient Mk XII gear already and be at a certain difficulty.

Chance of Mk XII would require having almost all Mk XII gear and be at a certain difficulty.

Good chance of Mk XII would require having sufficient Mk XII gear already and be at a certain difficulty.

Chance of Mk XII would require having almost all Mk XII gear and be at a certain difficulty.
That I could get behind, then as your gear progresses so do your drops.

Quote:
I think we're just forgetting how woefully overgeared we are at this point for the content in the game. It's not that the content is not dropping the right quality of gear for the content or the level of player...it's just that we've moved so far beyond it that it appears so ridiculous.
Well then the content needs to change, what's the point in releasing gear that cannot make PvE still a challenge? That being said, I think Dna was making this in reference to both PvE and PvP.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Captain
# 35
10-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin109 View Post
They vary from Mk XI to Mk XII, I wouldn't say that's too high, I think all elite PVE should be giving XI-XII
I noticed a couple of replies along those lines, so I'm guessing that I wasn't clear enough on why I think it can be too high. The challenge in Ker'rat can vary wildly. If the premise of the rewards in Ker'rat is based on three things...

1) Level of NPCs.
2) Competitive PvE...where multiple players compete for limited resources without shooting each other.
3) PvP...where players are shooting at each other.

...the only one that is consistent is the first one. If the other two are not taking place, then somebody is earning rewards at a faster/higher/better rate - thus, the rewards are too high. That's the angle I'm coming from with that.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 36
10-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the input everyone. Lets keep this going!
Cooler Master HAF X | Asus Maximus V Formula ROG | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.8ghz 1.36v | Xigamatek Dark Knight II Night Hawk Edition | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2766Mhz @ 1.71v | 2x Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II in SLi 1307mhz Boost | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Sennheiser HD 650 | FiiO E17 Alpen | Logitech G19s/G600 | 3x Asus 27" LED 1080p
Commander
# 37
10-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
I noticed a couple of replies along those lines, so I'm guessing that I wasn't clear enough on why I think it can be too high. The challenge in Ker'rat can vary wildly. If the premise of the rewards in Ker'rat is based on three things...

1) Level of NPCs.
2) Competitive PvE...where multiple players compete for limited resources without shooting each other.
3) PvP...where players are shooting at each other.

...the only one that is consistent is the first one. If the other two are not taking place, then somebody is earning rewards at a faster/higher/better rate - thus, the rewards are too high. That's the angle I'm coming from with that.
But then that someone would have a lot more Borg to deal with and would be under constant attack anyway...

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan