Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
You've just gone down in a shuttle, you've landed on a tropical planet, with plenty of natural edibles, and lots of clean water around. Weather is not an issue, and there appears to be no hazardous wildlife. Survival will be no issue. Your comm system is working, but it will be several days until rescue can arrive.

The only issues you will have will be boredom and company.

You have your choice of two companions from the Voyager crew: Tuvok or Neelix.

Choose and post your reasons why.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 2
10-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Tuvok.

He won't be insisting on me being cheerful all the time. In fact, he'll probably just leave me alone after awhile.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 3
10-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I'd go with Neelix for sure. You could sit down and have a conversation with him, tell some jokes, share some stories... and if you wanted a break, you could go for a walk on your own.

Tuvok is the most insufferable Vulcan in all Star Trek. He would be an absolute nightmare to spend time alone with. In fact, he would be worse than spending time alone. At least alone you can talk to yourself without someone there, constantly irritated.

I've always found it funny how so many Trek fans hate Neelix... but he doesn't bother me. Tuvok does though- most Vulcans do.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Rihannsu
# 4
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
I actually like spending time alone and staying quiet so tuvok would be great for me as its only a few days.

now if it was months/years then at some point im going to need some basic interaction with a friend so that i dont go mad and tuvok would be as useless for that as he was on day 1.

tuvok would be better for me short term but i think id need neelix if it was longer.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 5
10-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I'd go with Neelix for sure. You could sit down and have a conversation with him, tell some jokes, share some stories... and if you wanted a break, you could go for a walk on your own.

Tuvok is the most insufferable Vulcan in all Star Trek. He would be an absolute nightmare to spend time alone with. In fact, he would be worse than spending time alone. At least alone you can talk to yourself without someone there, constantly irritated.

I've always found it funny how so many Trek fans hate Neelix... but he doesn't bother me. Tuvok does though- most Vulcans do.

I thought Tuvok was your friend Neelix. *tsk* *tsk*
Captain
# 6
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I actually like spending time alone and staying quiet so tuvok would be great for me as its only a few days.

now if it was months/years then at some point im going to need some basic interaction with a friend so that i dont go mad and tuvok would be as useless for that as he was on day 1.

tuvok would be better for me short term but i think id need neelix if it was longer.
This says it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 7
10-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Neelix. He never bothered me as much as he seems to have others, especially after Kes left. I also found it amusing how he kept calling Tuvok Mr Vulcan after he introduced himself as "I am Vulcan".

You could have a laugh with Neelix. Tuvok would just go into a medatative trance or something stupid. And Neelix seems like the kind of guy who would leave you alone for a little bit if you asked him to.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I would pick Tuvok as I am not overly sociable so in such a situation a quiet wait for pickup would be preferable.

If this was long term I might consider Neelix, as having Tuvok for company could get boring after a while, also Neelix would probably be the better cook and could make something interesting to eat each day if I was stuck there whereas Tuvok would make really boring Vulcan style soup for breakfast, dinner and tea.
Career Officer
# 9
10-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Tuvix. Why choose?
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 10
10-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Tuvix. Why choose?

Dammit you beat me to it...
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...