Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
# 11
10-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Its sad that after 10 boff trait fixes and changes, first 5 fixes on embassy boffs, now 5 fixes on romulan boffs, they still are unable to fix it.

Pretty incompetent if you ask me.
Commander
# 12
10-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
Its sad that after 10 boff trait fixes and changes, first 5 fixes on embassy boffs, now 5 fixes on romulan boffs, they still are unable to fix it.

need more good programmers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Pretty incompetent if you ask me.
I agree that this bug is bad and its history a bit embarassing but I wouldn't necessarily conclude incompetence. We don't know how many programmers there are or what their workload is like.

Having done programming work I can tell you that bugs sometimes get out because you don't have time to fix them. Even if you know they're there and flag them to whoever is in charge they will push something into release anyway. It annoyed the BLEEP out of me to have imperfect work of mine thrust out into the world but there was nothing I could about it short of working unpaid overtime and no-one should be expected to do that.

Programmers may also not have the freedom to prioritise their own work. If their manager tells them to ignore particular bugs or bugs in general to work on something else instead then that's what they'll generally do.

Not saying it isn't incompetent programmers. Maybe it is. Just pointing out that the problem could lie elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heizluefta View Post
Stating something will be functioning, not testing it before holodeck patch and then wondering it is not functioning should not be the way to go.
Definitely.

Claiming something in the release notes which isn't true is a QA problem. STO's trait stacking seems very messy and prone to this sort of error. It should have been checked more carefully.
Lieutenant
# 13
10-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Any news from the devs yet?