Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Haven't encountered this yet, but in general I like the sound of the Borg getting their shield drain power back.
Let's face it, with the player's insane shield drain resistances they became a bit of a joke.
And their draining abilities was a major feature in Q Who and Best of Both Worlds.

However for game balance reasons they could make it unstackable and provide something like a 10-15 sec immunity before being able to be drained again.

ooooh, and since canonically Rotate Shield Frequency was a viable counter let engineers shine a bit here by making it an immunity power to the drain please.
Captain
# 12
10-14-2013, 09:44 AM
No. Don't justify this. The drain was already strong enough, as it was.

Nothing in the original TNG borg encounters applies here, as has been mentioned several times, because the collective species in the galaxy have been waging all-out-war with the borg for a decade and have developed better shields, better counters to the borg technology.

Nor SHOULD we put up with a crappy gameplay mechanic like that.
Career Officer
# 13
10-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsmart View Post
Another counter is a warp core doff with the % chance to purge all debuffs when activating an emergency power to x ability. If you're poor grab a low quality one.
yes^^ that works great when you have an emergency power every 15 seconds
Rihannsu
# 14
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Haven't encountered this yet, but in general I like the sound of the Borg getting their shield drain power back.
Let's face it, with the player's insane shield drain resistances they became a bit of a joke.
And their draining abilities was a major feature in Q Who and Best of Both Worlds.

However for game balance reasons they could make it unstackable and provide something like a 10-15 sec immunity before being able to be drained again.

ooooh, and since canonically Rotate Shield Frequency was a viable counter let engineers shine a bit here by making it an immunity power to the drain please.
Yeah really, I've had cases where my ship looked like a green bull's eye..... THREE copies of it on my ship simultaneously!!!!
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Empire Veteran
# 15
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Haven't encountered this yet, but in general I like the sound of the Borg getting their shield drain power back
It's not the shield neutralizer (the green pulsing aura of doom). It's their tachyon beam. In an ISE today I had about half shields and they suddenly started disappearing - no green aura. After they completely disappeared I hit Evasive and got out of range. That was between two copies of EPtS so there wasn't anything to be done except run, or respawn.

Yeah, the Borg got buffed.
Lieutenant
# 16
10-14-2013, 04:39 PM
If we cant 'chain placate' them, why they can chain and gangbang our shields?

Try assaulting all the nanite/spheres on ISE just before a transformer is blown. U can get up with 3 or more tachyons and neutralizers at the same time (norm more). Its funny.
Captain
# 17
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
It is true the Tachyon beams shouldnt stack like that. Aggroing 5 spheres sucks. Cause they all lead off with the tachyon beams and rob you of shields.

While it is a challenge and makes the game harder which i appreciate, limiting it to 2 hitting you with Tachyon beams would be small amount fairer. Still difficult, but not overdone.

If they where attacking all the players i wouldnt really give a darn, but when they all single me out its a tad ridiculous.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Career Officer
# 18
10-14-2013, 06:01 PM
RSP will get you through it.
Captain
# 19
10-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
RSP will get you through it.
Yes it will but that massive CD is a pretty big drawback....
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 20
10-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah the Tachyon beam has increased in effectiveness. Emergency power to shields also stops the drain. And i also noticed if you do not have an emergency power ability being used or on cooldown nad have emergency to shields available it makes tachyon more rare, but hit an emergency power within range of a tac cube, gate, and/or spheres and they will all fire it at once instantly draining your shields, then all launching torps that seem to crit almost everytime or atleast do 20k damage and put plasma on you that eats the hull faster than you can hit haz emitters and evasive.

I got hit by the tachyons lost half my shields, hit with a 20k torp and plasma burn and then another tachyon when i hit evasive and flew 27k away and then was hit by a 50k crit torp the second evasive shut down. Riddle me this, how is that a fun game mechanic?

Now I do not use haz emitters or any emergency power until they start draining my shields, and when i do it comes with evasive and dueterium surplus if they get 50% down.

Personnaly i think it is a great challenge needing to be ready for it but this is just not the way to do it. First only 1 borg should use it on you at 1 time or they do not stack negating every one of them but the first to hit. Second the magic quaranteed 20k and 50k crit torps that give magic 100% buffed plasma damage that come as soon as the shields are 50% down just needs to be removed from the game altogether and the dev that thought it would be a good mechanic slapped silly(joking). Normal torps that have the normal crit chance and normal plasma burn is good enough. Not this insta-death bullpucky.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.