Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Tuvok. He'd provide stimulating conversation , but also appreciate the desire for solitude. Additionally, should any of the above circumstances change or deteriorate, he would actually have the skills to keep me alive, Neelix would probably make things worse with his well intentioned bungling attempts to appear competent...
Career Officer
# 12
10-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
You've just gone down in a shuttle, you've landed on a tropical planet, with plenty of natural edibles, and lots of clean water around. Weather is not an issue, and there appears to be no hazardous wildlife. Survival will be no issue. Your comm system is working, but it will be several days until rescue can arrive.

The only issues you will have will be boredom and company.

You have your choice of two companions from the Voyager crew: Tuvok or Neelix.

Choose and post your reasons why.
Neelix would be easier to kill.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 13
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Neelix can cook.

Tuvok cannot.

The choice is obvious.
Career Officer
# 14
10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I can cook.

I can cook Neelix!

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 15
10-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Tuvok. Neelix is an annoying pain in the ass, and his only redeeming feature, being a relatively decent cook, is obviated because I can cook better.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 16
10-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Scotty, you can have a laugh and the man knows his drink

You know when you've been Crypticed
Captain
# 17
10-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
he would actually have the skills to keep me alive, Neelix would probably make things worse with his well intentioned bungling attempts to appear competent...
Actually, Neelix has good survival skills. It is how he made his life before Voyager swept him up. He was a scavenger in a pretty hostile and mostly water-less part of the galaxy. I'd not knock him in the survival department.

Tuvok likely was trained in survival on Vulcan, and a Vulcan child's rite of passage is survival in the desert. So both have survival skills, though I suspect Tuvok might have a certain efficient elegance to his approach.

I'd find Tuvok interesting if I could engage him as a survival instructor. Can't say that'd last forever, but at least we'd have a common and interesting subject on which to speak.

The only thing I'd fault Neelix for is his chatterbox nature. Might not work so well if stalking prey.
Captain
# 18
10-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Tuvok. Anyone who answered Neelix, I have a special prize, I'm going to abandon you with him, just like you asked .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 19
10-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
Tuvok likely was trained in survival on Vulcan, and a Vulcan child's rite of passage is survival in the desert. So both have survival skills, though I suspect Tuvok might have a certain efficient elegance to his approach.

Remember when he trained the Maquis troublemakers to be better officers? I have trouble seeing Tuvok having elegance to anything. And who was it that helped make him a better instructor? With a nifty little food based example?

To be honest, I found Tuvok alot more annoying than Neelix. He was the most annoying Vulcan I saw in Trek, and that includes all the Enteprrise era Vulcans. Though admitaddly, he did do the best outtakes.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 20
10-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Charlize Theron.....oh sorry....you meant star trek characters...my bad *cough*
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *