Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 21
10-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Captains, I encourage you to read the blog first, instead of looking at images and basing judgement off them only. The Voth bio-engineered these Dinosaurs; considering their history and origins, they wouldn't be bio-engineering dogs and cats.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 22
10-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I guess I'll be the minority here and say that I love this stuff. Dinosaurs with lasers, mechas, and Star Trek all together? I can't get enough of that. Love it.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lieutenant
# 23
10-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Captains, I encourage you to read the blog first, instead of looking at images and basing judgement off them only. The Voth bio-engineered these Dinosaurs; considering their history and origins, they wouldn't be bio-engineering dogs and cats.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This.

Also, this:
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Pahkwa-thanh
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
As I said to you on Twitter Brandon, you guys are seriously going left field with this lot.

This just confirms that you want a fantasy based generic Sci-fi mmo, that has very little to do with Star Trek

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lol, yea... Starfleet bio engineered a giant catdog stuck a laser on it and sent it off to fight Dominion ground troops .
Rihannsu
# 26
10-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
The Voth bio-engineered these Dinosaurs; considering their history and origins, they wouldn't be bio-engineering dogs and cats.
Soooo... it would be like humans bio-engineering battle monkeys?
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
As I said to you on Twitter Brandon, you guys are seriously going left field with this lot.

This just confirms that you want a fantasy based generic Sci-fi mmo, that has very little to do with Star Trek
If the Federation were given this, then quite probably yeah. But the Voth ARE reptilian and such, so this line of thinking is possible.

Are they going overboard with it? Debatable, but bio-engineering in general isn't that far-off from ST

Plus as I said in a previous post, episodes of TOS had far more ridiculous things than dinosaurs, and they were canon
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 28
10-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Soooo... it would be like humans bio-engineering battle monkeys?
What did you do ?! Don't give them ideas !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 29
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Look on the bright side now you play STO in stead of BF 4 if you want Dino Mode

Vereniging van Vloten: De Verdedigers, Gathering of Tweakers & Ariesfleet en Heroes of Qo'nos
Dont Mess with the Dutch Assassin
Steam user for life Say No to ARC
Career Officer
# 30
10-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I admire the way you were able to extrapolate and build upon the comparatively small dataset from the Voyager episode, into all of this. *Awesome*.

With the dino-critters though, I can't help but think that Teleios has somehow swapped universes XD.