Lt. Commander
# 11
10-15-2013, 02:35 PM
THE FIRST PUNISHMENT

After the shower and changing into a new uniform, I reported to the Head Mistresses office. Head Mistress Sol'Lyn was sitting quietly in the dark, staring at the flames in the center of her office. I meekly stepped towards her frightened at what was to come. Real Cardassian Officers step true and confident, are you a Cardassian Officer? I responded to that question I'm not sure what I am head mistress, but I know that I will be a Cardassian Officer when I'm finished. The shadow raised her Clud'Jothen and slammed the spear into the floor creating a loud and vibrating crashThat is NOT the attitude of a Cardassian officer, if you will not speak or walk with confidence in yourself how can you expect others to follow with confidence.
I began to step closer imagining how my father and grandfather would approach this beast; Then I shall walk and speak in a fashion more fitting of a Cardassian Officer and I will not accept further beatings without striking back. The headmistress laughed and raised herself to stand before me Stop pretending to be a Cardassian Officer and start being a Cardassian Officer. Stop trying and start doing; Although your decision to drink Kanar at the beginning of a shift was misplaced, you did take the initiative to find the mess hall and confidently grabbed what was yours all along. You are now the class leader and must earn the respect of your Cardassian Soldiers, the finest Soldiers in space.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
She began to pace, tapping the Clud'Jothen on the floor, she stopped in front of a stone table and picked up a piece of cloth You are now responsible for keeping that living area clean, making certain that your Soldiers are where they must be on time and not so rag tag as they've been. You will find what they need and you will provide them what they need. I stepped closer to the demonic lady Head Mistress, how will I know what they need? I'm only twelve and they're all older than I am. The Clud;Jothen raised in the air and slammed the spear tip violently against the floor. Stop questioning and making excuses, YOU are a Cardassian Officer and you WILL decide what your Soldiers need, When they need it, How they receive it, and How much they receive. Stop screeching like a captured Vole and start leading your Soldiers. You are the class leader, each time your Soldiers are wrong; you are wrong and will receive worse punishment than they receive. Their beatings will be because their leader led them astray and you will receive pain for failing. Cardassian Officers DO NOT FAIL. She tossed the cloth at my feet. Pick it up, place it on your left breast pocket and you are dismissed class leader.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-15-2013, 07:00 PM
The halls between the head mistresses office and the student living area seemed darker and more lonely than before. The walls seemed to smother around me, crushing my lungs like I was trapped in the clutches of a Kuklaw (similar to an earth Kodiak grizzly). I had to figure a way to convince an army of older students to willingly follow me and how I was going to get them things. I stopped outside of the doors, silently standing in the shadowy corner trying to imagine what my father or grandfather would say to me at this moment. I clenched my eyes shut, desperately trying to force my father to appear before me; a voice that sounded eerily like his growled behind me Stop Whining and step up, your not a dirt farmer anymore.

I opened my eyes, grit my teeth and marched into the living area. I tried to project my voice so the others could hear me If you are missing any issued items find me, if you want to eat find me, and we will all be awake and dressed by first Klikon. Many of the older children began laughing and joking about how I find a mess hall and suddenly am in charge. One of the guys angrily approached You know that no one will listen to you, you were the reason we had to run all day. I decided that this was one time that the group didn't need to know the truth We were already going to run all day, the head mistress just wanted a target to take the brunt. You realize that I just returned from her office don't you? I walked up to the much larger boy and pointed to my new rank Do you think if I were such a Memba (Screwball), the head mistress would give this to me? No, I'd be laying in a pool of blood right here in front of everyone. that was enough to stop the cackling and groups of students began gathering around inspecting the rank.

Last edited by nador67; 10-15-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I looked around the group, some were impressed and ready to follow immediately. Those were the weak and the ones that I would exploit. The strong willed students that were more disciplined and better self esteem would have to be broken. I'm going to the mess hall, you can follow or you can starve. We're not on duty and this morning I had Kanar. I began walking the route of the orange line and several began following. I knew a few of the hardliner students would resist, but their hunger would get the better of them and they would grudgingly follow.

When we arrived, the same operations time was visible 2 Klikons to 2 and a half Klikons. Still I pushed the doors and was surprised that they weren't locked. I didn't want the others to know that I was surprised, so I just kept moving into the mess hall. My surprise couldn't be masked when the food table had already been set up with various dishes and five bottles of Kanar. I confidently moved to the stack of plates and utensils grabbing the items without pause. As I filled my plate and grabbed a bottle of Kanar, I noticed that the others were reluctant to approach from the door. What? The door is opened, I found you food, and I'm not drinking this Kanar alone. Speed it up and eat. Students began rushing to the dishes grabbing them in a rush to the table. I stood up and yelled We are not wild Regnars, make a line and everyone will get their share. Whatever you put on your plate, you will eat it all so don't indulge; we can always return for second portions. I sat back down, my hands and legs were shaking as I was trying to be that confident leader I was expected to be. I took two deep sips of the Kanar and let the burn of the liquor travel down. Maybe that burn would sooth my worries and provide that courage I was lacking.

As the majority of the students were at tables eating, I grabbed all of the Kanar and poured some in every cup. I stood in the front of the class and raised my cup This morning we were Cardassians, today we are Cardassian Officers the best in space. Sure, it wasn't a great speech and I chuckle to myself everytime I think about it. Everyone cheered at the moment and we finished our dinner.

LOW EXPECTATIONS

The first morning of my leadership didn't go as well as expected. The majority of the group was formed up with plenty of time, but five of the older kids which didn't like the idea stayed in their rooms. That is until several mistresses beat them to the formation with Ural straps and pain sticks. The light in my eyes dimmed with pain as my face slammed into the ground. As I attempted to raise myself up, the blunt end of the Clud'Jothen slammed hard into my back crushing my shoulder blades. I Told you failure was not an option for a Cardassian Officer came a voice. The spear tip slammed into my hand This is to remind you of your duties The attack on me stopped, but through dizzy eyes I could see the mistresses continuing to punish the violators. Headmistress walked back to he podium So it is clear to all of you, this girl is your class leader. If you fail her, she will receive worse in the future. She swung the spear tip to point to the unfortunate five students If you fail, you will be punished like those five, watch and decide if that is worth it. Cardassians are loyal, dissention is not an option.

Last edited by nador67; 10-16-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-16-2013, 05:22 PM
The rest of the first day was filled with heavy labor of moving irrigation piping from the supply depot to the front gates so the military could issue it out to the farmers. It wasn't easy, my hand swollen with a hole in the center. Marritza looked at scar on her right hand and returned to her memories. That night six of us missed dinner as we lay in on our concrete cots wincing at the pain of every movement.

The second day as class leader, everyone arrived where they were supposed to be on time and assembled. This was the eighth day we were at the academy and the first day of actually attending classes. First six hours were the general math, history, science, and discipline courses. The final six hours were filled with hand to hand combat, basics in weapons, land navigation, and drill. As the group began to work more as one entity the fewer beatings that took place.
Commander
# 16
10-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Yikes this academy would even make a Klingon say that they are too brutal lol.

But a good read, and worthy of a foundry mission indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post

But a good read, and worthy of a foundry mission indeed.
If you look at the Klingons and Cardassians, in many ways they are similar. Disciplined Warriors who live a harsh lifestyle. This is the initial form of building discipline (In my opinion just look at China, Korea, Japan, and Russia in their training; mess up and you get beat down). Cardassians are forced to succeed regardless of any obstacles (like lack of technology or resources). They are the ultimate duct tape military.

As for Foundry, as I've said I don't know if I can make this particular part into a Foundry mission. However, I'm working on "From the Ashes" series which loosely follows the Cryptic path to 2409 Cardassia.

And for violence, there will still be moments but for the most part the head mistress will gradually step back into the shadows of hell as the students begin to perform as Cardassian Officers.
Captain
# 18
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post
Yeah...I've got to say, I would see the Cardassians as being more focused on psychological manipulation and political indoctrination than in arbitrariness and beating the daylights out of their students all the time. I apppreciate the imaginativeness of this but I would find it more suited to the Klingons.

That said, while I give it a different name and purpose, I drew something a while back that may very well be (sort of) your Clud'jothan.

http://nerysghemor.deviantart.com/ar...igil-274000006
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Yeah...I've got to say, I would see the Cardassians as being more focused on psychological manipulation and political indoctrination than in arbitrariness and beating the daylights out of their students all the time. I apppreciate the imaginativeness of this but I would find it more suited to the Klingons.

That said, while I give it a different name and purpose, I drew something a while back that may very well be (sort of) your Clud'jothan.

http://nerysghemor.deviantart.com/ar...igil-274000006
My view is.

That the Cardassians would first break you, then teach you according to what the military wants you to know. First build a Soldiers discipline and force them to start thinking like a Soldier

Then the more technical subjects (Eidetic memory, leadership) remember these are young Cardassians so psychological manipulation isn't very defined yet. The adults have to ensure these young KNOW who is in charge and all else follows. You do see that initiative is rewarded (Able to eat and drink without being beat), gaining an advantage over others is rewarded (gained two pair of boots and a blanket). These are small gains, but these students learn the lessons.

Political indoctrination won't succeed unless the listener is disciplined enough to pay attention and believes in what they are hearing.

The psychological manipulation isn't a species ability, but a practiced one that becomes stronger with time. and a threat means nothing if the victim doesn't believe you'll follow through. Start off very aggressive and all else falls into place.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-16-2013, 11:46 PM
I found this link about Cardassians, MOST is based on TV episodes and trilogies.

http://academy.sfi.org/courses/alien/doc/cumanual.pdf

A Couple things I want to point out are sections

4.4.1 TRAINING and

Cardassian youth suited for ground troops are spotted early in their basic education years. Usually sons of militia follow in their fathers? and grandfathers? traditions. The families of soldiers who have made a name for themselves in service to Cardassia have vesalas that can extend clear into the Detapa Council. All future soldiers go through first year at one of the many military institutes stationed on Cardassian Prime and habitable planets in the system. Militia training is necessarily brutal, for soldiers may have to endure the harshest
of conditions in the field or in the hands of the enemy. They master hand-to-hand combat and learn expertise in a number of energy weapons. Obedience and respect for authority is ingrained into all Cardassian youth from the time they can understand orders. These early lessons are honed into strict obedience to their superiors and each student is trained to be a necessary member of his unit. Those students who are obviously brighter and more tactical minded than their classmates are chosen for command within the militia. In their second level of studies, such students will be given instruction in leadership, in
tactical and troop management, as well as continuing their rigorous physical training.

4.4.2 Life in the Militia.

Being a soldier is a proud tradition in many Cardassian families. Soldiers take pride in their profession and strive to serve their units, their superior officers and the Cardassian Union with unquestioning loyalty. Loyal service also brings pride and honor to their families, who are well-taken care of. A loyal and dependable soldier can rise quickly in the ranks.
Even after basic training, discipline is harsh. Should a soldier get himself into trouble, the entire unit is punished. Once the official punishment is meted out, it is a certainty that the punishment he gets from his unit members will be worse. These are the people he has trained and fought with, the people he belongs to. To bring disgrace on the unit is intolerable.

Although it doesn't talk about Officer training, I would argue that training for potential
leaders is harsher than that of enlisted. Those who fail out of leadership courses would be pushed down to the bottom of enlisted training or killed off. Someone who fails out would shame the family and thus wouldn't be allowed back into the household.