Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,308
# 2521
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
I'm going to make my avenger a rainbow boat, anyone who whispers me I'm playing wrong will get a parsing of me outdoing them.

It will be epic
Challenge accepted >=]

Can I bring mine?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,095
# 2522
10-11-2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
I'm going to make my avenger a rainbow boat, anyone who whispers me I'm playing wrong will get a parsing of me outdoing them.

It will be epic
Ah, but the point there is that you'd be setting your ship up in that manner deliberately.

I was referring to the type of player who fit any old weapon type, and equip tac consoles that have nothing to do with any of the energy type(s) they're using. The sort of players who think that simply flying a ship (the Avenger in this case) is sufficent to = 'I win'.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 443
# 2523
10-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Grab a beer, you'll need it. This is something that caused me to stop playing STO for over a month.

CONDUIT -- Elite:
We begin the mission (myself and another fleet member I'm introducing to eSTFs), and immediately someone has a rainbow boat with so much ship damage, the icons stretched off the box.

It gets better. Two of the people in the group were afkers and just sat there. So here I am now with a level 50 fleet newbie to eSTFs (he had experience in regular STFs to see how the mission scripts work), two AFKers and a guy in a rainbow boat that doesn't even know there is an ESD to fix his ship -- so I thought.

We kill the cube, the spheres, and immediately break left and just think this guy is helpless and unable to do anything.

As we are done with the first cube and get all the gens to 10%, we see we get an optional failure. "WTF", I think, and look over, and the rainbow boat, went right, and killed a generator on his own.

He then, in group says, "LUL!" and leaves. Myself and this fleet member is now having to take on not just our side of spheres, but the other side that this obvious troll just triggered.

I'm the type of person where I just don't like having any emotion but enjoyment when playing a video game and this taught me that this was not a possible achievement in STO. I quit the game for over a month because of this, I couldn't understand how PWE could have a system in place that not only allows this behavior, but promotes it.
Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,095
# 2524
10-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
Grab a beer, you'll need it. This is something that caused me to stop playing STO for over a month.

CONDUIT -- Elite:
We begin the mission (myself and another fleet member I'm introducing to eSTFs), and immediately someone has a rainbow boat with so much ship damage, the icons stretched off the box.

It gets better. Two of the people in the group were afkers and just sat there. So here I am now with a level 50 fleet newbie to eSTFs (he had experience in regular STFs to see how the mission scripts work), two AFKers and a guy in a rainbow boat that doesn't even know there is an ESD to fix his ship -- so I thought.

We kill the cube, the spheres, and immediately break left and just think this guy is helpless and unable to do anything.

As we are done with the first cube and get all the gens to 10%, we see we get an optional failure. "WTF", I think, and look over, and the rainbow boat, went right, and killed a generator on his own.

He then, in group says, "LUL!" and leaves. Myself and this fleet member is now having to take on not just our side of spheres, but the other side that this obvious troll just triggered.

I'm the type of person where I just don't like having any emotion but enjoyment when playing a video game and this taught me that this was not a possible achievement in STO. I quit the game for over a month because of this, I couldn't understand how PWE could have a system in place that not only allows this behavior, but promotes it.
I've had that happen, as outlined in a post I made earlier in this thread - although it wasn't some troll idiot deliberately messing it up for everyone, it was simply people too stupid to have a clue what they were doing.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,095
# 2525
10-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Though have posted this in a thread pertaining to HOSE itself (and how it's broken) I thought would post the same here, as it definitely counts as one of my worst experiences:

Although some PvE heroes refuse to accept that there is anything wrong HOSE, I PuG'ed it again last night..... and was reminded of why I hadn't bothered with it for months.

We warped in, myself - using my Fleet Rhode Island, a Scimitar, a Patrol Escort an Avenger and a Fleet DSSV.

First stage went okay - the Scimitar player bailed after dying four times, leaving four of us to deal with the tac cubes, but we soldiered on and completed that section.

Then the unimatrix ships appeared. All seemed okay at first but, as discussed in another thread on the same subject, it does seem that the mission bugs out if you don't kill one of the unimatrix ships within a set timeframe. Anyway - we got ship one down to 48% (bearing in mind only four of us, and I was playing sci and trying to crowd control the probes and spheres) and the lance starts charging. I duck underneath the uni-ship, hoping that the 'under the guns' buff would actually work. My mistake - I get one-shotted.

Respawn and fly back, and attempt to resume my crowd-control role. The Avenger, making sure to stay close to the Queen's ship, gets DOUBLE lanced.

I attempt an attack on the uni ship - a tad pointless since my Rhode Island is great at crowd control but not huge on DPS. I make sure to remain close to the queen's ship and manage to deal a little damage before taking another one-shot lance.

Fly back in and quickly realise that the other two had been taken out again - painful wait for team-mates to respawn ensues, and have the delight of having to watch the uni ship's health returning. Once we were all back I decide to resume crowd control, but sadly quickly realise that I am on my own - the other two having been taken out again, though I didn't actually see what happened that time.

At this point we all agree that we should do what SO MANY others do in HOSE - bail on it and leave it well alone until the next time we forget what a pile of crap it is.

Seems like a bit of sad joke to me - the mission that so many try to play yet so frequent seems to end with players bailing out of sheer frustration.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 942
# 2526
10-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Have the borg been buffed? My Engi in his standard sovie used to be able to deal with the probes and spheres that come through the gate 98% of the time on his own on khitomer (I think that's the one, it's the one with the generator either side of the transwarp gate) normal but last night, both in that and the one with the Kang, I was barely making a dent in the Borg forces. I don't think it was anything done to my ship as he was plowing through Cardies on the two dailies as easy as normal.


Also, tried Hive space for the first time the other day. My word, I was just exploding everywhere in my defiant retrofit. It was a massacre! Even when I stayed beside the Queen for the two unimatrix ships.
*******************************************

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,095
# 2527
10-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Have the borg been buffed? My Engi in his standard sovie used to be able to deal with the probes and spheres that come through the gate 98% of the time on his own on khitomer (I think that's the one, it's the one with the generator either side of the transwarp gate) normal but last night, both in that and the one with the Kang, I was barely making a dent in the Borg forces. I don't think it was anything done to my ship as he was plowing through Cardies on the two dailies as easy as normal.


Also, tried Hive space for the first time the other day. My word, I was just exploding everywhere in my defiant retrofit. It was a massacre! Even when I stayed beside the Queen for the two unimatrix ships.
Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 173
# 2528
10-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Okay I got one:

Couple of days ago, a fellow fleet member and I are leveling a couple of new toons. We were sick of missions so we decided to join a Fleet Alert. (one of like 5 PVE available for captains).

We warp into the mission, and the first comment from the Avenger "Oh great, I am going to have to carry this team."

I asked what he meant by that, he mentioned that there was a couple of low ranked newbies playing.

Now, both my buddy and I have highest setups possible for our rank, and I was carrying a Scim fleet reinforcement (got to burn off all those ops assets).

Game starts, I bring out my Scim reinforcement to assist and we kill the first wave no problem, the avenger dies.

I make an off handed(Sarcastic) comment about we should have joined a eSTF instead. I get ignored.

We finish the Fleet Alert in record time, neither my buddy or myself die the whole time. The Avenger dude died 3 times. We checked the DPS log, my buddy had the highest DPS in the match.
SAY YES TO ARC
This message brought to you by the ARC on every computer super pac, a 501(c) organization
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 942
# 2529
10-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.

I noticed the increased shield drain, but that's ok, as it is something the Borg were meant to do in show (I only ever play normal, I guess it's even worse on Elite) and I've got enough defensive powers rigged that my ship can recover shilds drains fairly decent.


But at least it wasn't just me following the 'safe orders' of going by the queen and under teh guns that made me explode so much. I was in my squishier defiant, who seemed to explode without loosing all it's shields. I may give it another try in my sovie, just to see what happens and ignore the 'stand by the queen' advice if it's borked.
*******************************************

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 2530
10-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.
Now HSE is kind of OK compared to what it used to be, but still it's something I don't usually PuG. In fleet runs, we do it regularly atm, but still, I'm switching to a PvP setup for it and if I die just once or twice, all is good.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.