Captain
# 11
10-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Is there a Klingon equivalant?
Commander
# 12
10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Currently Fleet Starbases are useless for Fleet Housing, since you cant stay in inside. They should 'fix' or 'change' that feature....
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
10-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
Short answer - not yet.

The only way that we found we could pull this off, was if we could build a fleet of solid role players that both loved their hobby, and were situated around the globe. then we had to get enough of them to build a solid nucleus. Because of the map caps and the invitation mechanics involved, it's best to have several fleet members responding to requests to come aboard the station at one time. Any less than that and people find themselves doing nothing but answering requests and sending invites. Let's face it, it's a video game, not a second job. Folks will get burnt out and then nothing gets done.

So I had to build the 26th to a point where we have normally, 10 members online at any given time, with 1 to 5 at our lowest points. Our peaks range from 20 to 40 online. The more of us online at a time, the more the work is spread around evenly, is what I'm getting at.

Now, all of that being said, I do have a KDF fleet in the works, but it's still trying to build it's nucleus of players. As soon as that is done, I'm fairly sure we can open that starbase up to the public as well. In fact the young lady I have spear heading that project is already chomping at the bit after seeing tonight's opening for the 26th.

Heres the kicker though- any fleet can do this. In fact I would encourage any dedicated role play fleets on the KDF side to step forward and take on a leadership role in the RP community.

This isn't about recruitment, or fame for the 26th. It's about filling a need in a community that has gone without for far too long. A lot of us have played games where it's easy to bump into other role players. Star Wars Galaxies was famous for it's player cities. I myself learned my RP craft from the creators of Starsider's first RP city, Vagabond's Rest.

If you're interested in helping to bring the KDF RP community together, please send me an email in game, or on my fleet's forums. I'd post the information here, but I don't want to turn this into a recruitment thread.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Career Officer
# 14
10-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Community Members from the 26th Fleet have written a Guest Blog about Starbase 381, a base that has opened for roleplayers who are looking to network with other roleplayers.

Link to the blog.
Looks pretty cool gonna have to check this out between grinding sometimes
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Captain
# 15
10-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
KDF get something nice?

i want whatever your smoking

seriosuly though i dont think you can count on cryptic furnishing KDF roleplayers something like this i think if something like this happened for the KDF the players would have to do it.

Cause common man KDF is still waiting for a new ship and all the KDF gets are idle promises and the old Soon(Tm).
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/wraith_011/Youracistbastard.jpg
Lieutenant
# 16
10-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Cryptic has nothing to do with this. The Starbase 381 is the work of players of the community. Find a KDF fleet willing to do this and let me know and we can bring it to Branflakes, and get a guest blog for the KDF.
Captain
# 17
10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varzec View Post
Cryptic has nothing to do with this. The Starbase 381 is the work of players of the community. Find a KDF fleet willing to do this and let me know and we can bring it to Branflakes, and get a guest blog for the KDF.
Yeah your right i read it again and facepalmed after.

Lets just hope that certain group of mad dentists dont crash the roleplayers party
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/wraith_011/Youracistbastard.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
10-18-2013, 04:00 PM
It's nice to see that there is still RP that is alive and well in STO. Kudos to Cryptic for supporting this, but I think there's still much you (Cryptic) need to do and implement in game if you really want to make STO a RP friendly place.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Ensign
# 19
10-19-2013, 05:41 AM
The roleplayers in the chat channel 'SB381' discriminate against non-roleplayers. Don't expect to be treated equally unless you are willing to modify your behavior to suit their preferences. They DO NOT treat non-roleplayers with respect.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtimeerrorboy View Post
The roleplayers in the chat channel 'SB381' discriminate against non-roleplayers. Don't expect to be treated equally unless you are willing to modify your behavior to suit their preferences. They DO NOT treat non-roleplayers with respect.
I'm unsure where you got that nonsense from. We treat everyone equally, whether you're a roleplayer or not. Besides, why would you even want to go onto a Starbase, dedicated to roleplayers, if you're not a roleplayer?

Long story short, whether you're completely new to roleplaying, or a hardcore roleplayer, we'd love to see everyone. Just don't start ruining the experience for everybody else.
Commander Donar Ratek. U.S.S. McKinley (@chokopop23)
PR. Guy - 26th Fleet [RP]
26th Fleet Recruitment Thread - 26th Fleet Homepage
26th fleet Praetorian Open Starbase.